How can I prove I'm back for good.

Visitor's Question from a 21-30 year old Female
I was with a man for 8 years, engaged for two. I broke off our engagement because I had cold feet. He was all I'd ever known. I wanted to make sure it was right before I got married. It has been a year since I broke it off and we started to talk again five months ago. He's confused and says he trusts me and doesn't think I'll leave again but doesn't know if he can get past the pain of our break-up. He has talked to a therapist and she told him that he needed to see me to figure things out. I do love him and want to spend the rest of my life with him. I just got scared for some odd reason. I am back for good and I want to prove it to him. What should I do? Advice
One thing you can do is to show him the message you sent to me.

It says it all. Even if you have already told him, seeing it in writing could make a difference.

You are perfectly normal to get cold feet after so many years of dating and then being engaged. Anyone would wonder if they are doing the right thing. In fact, if you had gone ahead with the engagement having doubts then you would have hurt him even more.

Now you are sure and it is up to him to show you that he cares enough to put the past behind him and go forward with your lives.

Good luck! George

-- from George
One of Your Friendly Advisors at

Add RomanceClass  to Twitter Add RomanceClass  to Facebook Add RomanceClass  to MySpace Add RomanceClass  to Digg RomanceClass+ Add RomanceClass  to Yahoo My Web Add RomanceClass  to Google Bookmarks Add RomanceClass  to Stumbleupon Add RomanceClass  to Reddit

Speak Your Mind - Share your Thoughts on this Question!

All Advice in the category - I Want my Ex Back

Browse our Answer Database
- Browse Answers by Question Category
- Browse Answers by Age Group
- Browse Answers by Date of Response

Please read through the advice on this site before you Submit your Own Question! We have thousands of pages of valuable advice that can immediately help you with your situation.