RomanceClass.com
Posted By: Lisa Shea Making Bath Salts - 09/24/12 04:35 AM
A few years ago I bought 100 lotion jars with the intention of making lotion for my friends. My lotion-making experiments failed smile So I have this pile of lotion jars (the kind that a face cream tends to come in).

I was thinking of selling them on CraigsList, but I do like them a lot. So now I'm thinking about making bath salts for friends since that seems less failure-prone.

If you were getting bath salts, what aroma would you want them to have? Lemon? Orange? Lavender? Something else?
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Making Bath Salts - 09/24/12 08:23 AM
My first experiment used lavender and ginger, and I absolutely adored it. I think this will be a wonderful way to use the lotion jars.

The mix was easy to make and wonderful to use smile 1/2 cup salts, a few drops of each oil, and some food coloring. That was it!
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Making Bath Salts - 09/28/12 02:05 AM
I made a second set up, of cedarwood and peppermint. It was lovely, like being in a deep forest. I did that tonight. My shoulders were in a lot of pain from the stress of this week, and it helped a great deal to soak for a while.
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Making Bath Salts - 10/09/12 02:04 AM
I did a third set of bath salts with juniper and a hint of peppermint. The dash of peppermint seems to work really well with the pine-juniper-wood types of scents, to add a brightness to it. I enjoyed that a lot.

I think my favorite is still the lavender-ginger. Although I just got in some lemon and tangerine oil, so I'll try those soon. Citrus scents are nice.

What are your favorites?
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Making Bath Salts - 10/09/12 05:06 AM
My fourth set was tangerine lavender. Lovely, lovely. I still smell it on my skin and it's a delightful combination.
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Making Bath Salts - 10/17/12 08:08 PM
Last night I did tangerine ginger and that was quite delightful. I recommend it!
© RomanceClass Forum