RomanceClass.com
Posted By: Lisa Shea Win a Bouquet of 12 Origami Flowers - 09/23/12 12:52 AM
We are celebrating autumn! I'm giving away 12 origami lilies made in your choice of patterns. Here is what the flowers will look like in general -

You can choose any paper from this set, as well as single color paper -

Patterned Paper Options

Here's how this contest works! I'll ask a series of questions about Japan and origami. Whoever posts the right answer first gets a point. Whoever gets up to five points first wins! Make sure you DO NOT EDIT your post - make a second post if necessary. That way it's always a permanent record of exactly who made what guess at what time.

Be sure to "watch" this topic so that you get email alerts when new questions are posted!

QUESTION 1:
Haiku is a form of:
A) line dancing
B) make-up tool
C) poetry
D) elephant

The total value of this prize is $42 including the shipping. This is open to anyone in the US or UK only, for legal reasons. I don't have permission to offer "gambling" to any other countries. The entries have to be from someone aged 18 or older. No purchase necessary to win. I will post the winners list here and contact the winner directly via email. Void where prohibited.

Full contest rules can be found here -
RomanceClass forum contest rules
poetry
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Win a Bouquet of 12 Origami Flowers - 09/23/12 02:34 AM
Illusive Fantasy is exactly right! Haiku is a form of poetry that often has a nature theme to it.

Congratulations, Illusive Fantasy! You get one point!

Our score tally currently reads:

Illusive Fantasy: 1 point

New question coming soon! You can "watch" this thread to get an email alert if you wish! You do that with the "Topic Options" drop-down at the very top of the thread.
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Win a Bouquet of 12 Origami Flowers - 09/23/12 07:28 PM
OK Question #2! First person to post a correct answer earns a point!

QUESTION 2:
A samurai was a:
A) type of seafood
B) noble warrior
C) style of dance
D) shoe polish
noble warrior
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Win a Bouquet of 12 Origami Flowers - 09/24/12 02:17 AM
Illusive Fantasy is right again! Well done!

Congratulations, Illusive Fantasy! You get another point!

Illusive Fantasy: 2 points

QUESTION 3:
A kimono is:
A) A type of sushi
B) A style of clothing
C) A type of musical instrument
D) A sweet white wine
style of clothing
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Win a Bouquet of 12 Origami Flowers - 10/09/12 12:40 AM
Illusive Fantasy is again exactly right! Kimonos came in all shapes and sizes, from casual to quite elaborate.

Illusive Fantasy: 3 points

QUESTION 4:
A samisen is:
A) a type of silvery fish
B) a stringed instrument
C) a style of rum
D) a shade of purple
B. musical instrument
B. MUSICAL INSTRUMENT
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Win a Bouquet of 12 Origami Flowers - 10/26/12 08:40 PM
Illusive Fantasy gets it again!

Illusive Fantasy: 4 points

One more point to go!

QUESTION 5:
Who was the male lead in Lost in Translation?
A) Bill Murray
B) Akira Kurosawa
C) John Wayne
D) Charlie Chaplin
A) Bill Murray
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Win a Bouquet of 12 Origami Flowers - 11/30/12 01:31 AM
Dear Illusive -

You are exactly right! I apologize for the delay, this past month has been very chaotic for me. I'm finally finding time to breathe again smile

Please send me a PM with your address and with the color of flowers you'd like! Also if you'd like curled lily petals or straight iris petals smile
thanks for responding ..

is there a chance i could see the difference of the curled petals and straight with pictures, and what color papers are available to choose from...so i can figure out what will best go with someones home decor colors?

thanks kindly...once i figure that out i can go on from there to email with where to be sent...

EDITED

ok i just poked about some in here again regarding the flowers and am i correct in assuming the curled ones would be like your rose flowers? If so im leaning more toward the straight.

also would like to see the paterns and colors available to choose from.

Thanks.
after looking about this is what im considering and leaning to

is the two flowers under PURPLE AND ORANGE grouping as i love the blend of like rainbow wash affect to the flowers with also maybe a blue choice with it about the same blue color as whats showing in the center of the purple flower so there would be three color mixes of purple, orange and blue if i can see some blue choice paper of the same wash affect for that rainbow look as i call it.

http://origami.lisashea.com/japan/origami/sales/flowers/washi/mixed/
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Win a Bouquet of 12 Origami Flowers - 12/14/12 05:08 AM
Dear Illusive Fantasy -

I'm afraid origami paper companies come out with fresh paper designs every year, so they are always changing. When I have people look at my site I say they can choose a color theme but rarely an actual pattern smile.

I went through all my paper and spent the past couple of days folding some sample flowers for you in the patterns that I do currently have. I'll post those images shortly!
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Win a Bouquet of 12 Origami Flowers - 12/14/12 05:14 AM
This tie-dye flower has summer blue and violet aspects to it -

This tie-dye flower has a turquoise blue with spring green -

This tie-dye flower has golden yellow with spring green -

Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Win a Bouquet of 12 Origami Flowers - 12/14/12 05:16 AM
This tie-dye flower has a trio of colors - a cardinal red, royal purple, and sunset orange -

This tie-dye flower goes from cardinal red to soft pink -

This tie-dye flower goes from cardinal red to golden yellow -

Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Win a Bouquet of 12 Origami Flowers - 12/14/12 05:18 AM
This tie-dye flower goes from navy blue to cardinal red -

Those are all the tie-dye patterns I have.

For samples of styles of regular patterns I have, you can look here -

Origami Paper Patterns

Note that origami companies change their patterns yearly so I won't necessarily have an exact pattern on hand, but if you tell me the colors you want I can generally find that color combination smile.
Dear Lisa

Left you a private message and actually i think these are prettier and i love the colors very much...

here are three ive chosen for you to make four of each for and think the blend is gorgeous ...and perfect for me.

ive also left a address to send them when finished and please let me know when you do so i my alert the person of a package that will arrive...

thanks so kindly
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Win a Bouquet of 12 Origami Flowers - 12/15/12 01:55 AM
Great! I will work on that this weekend, and I'll let you know when they ship out.
Thank you very kindly...those colors look soooo beautiful.
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Win a Bouquet of 12 Origami Flowers - 12/16/12 01:10 PM
Those went out Saturday morning, so they should be to their destination soon!
Dear Lisa

Packaged arrived safe and sound yesterday afternoons mail...thanks so much.
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Win a Bouquet of 12 Origami Flowers - 12/21/12 01:51 AM
That's great news, Illusive Fantasy! I'm glad they arrived for Christmas smile
© RomanceClass Forum