RomanceClass.com
Posted By: Lisa Shea Clearing Clutter - 01/27/12 02:39 AM
What clutter do you have in your home to release back out into the world?

I am still struggling with the pile of steel that was once our shed smile It caved in last February - so almost a full year ago.

Maybe tomorrow I will call someone and get it resolved!
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Clearing Clutter - 02/01/12 12:21 AM
Aha! Finally!

I dug up a number for Bob to call and had to ask him three times yesterday before he made the call (I hate phones and plus I feel like this is his issue and he should at least do some of the work).

The guy is coming tomorrow to get the steel.

Today Bob dragged the steel out to the driveway. He wanted me to help but I was asleep all day (went to bed about 7am) so he did get it done.

So tomorrow the steel will be gone! After a year! Happy happy smile

The guy is picking it up for free. So we get no money, but it costs us no money either.
Posted By: illusive Fantasy Re: Clearing Clutter - 02/01/12 02:08 AM
hey i remember the tug of war about this shed and yes it will at least be finally gone...and i would of found a way to sleep to after asking him so many times to do something about it lol... laugh
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Clearing Clutter - 02/02/12 06:26 AM
LOL it is the steel that never would leave! The guy didn't show up today. Hopefully he will show up tomorrow. Maybe this is a sign that I should treasure this steel ...
Posted By: jilly Re: Clearing Clutter - 02/03/12 12:40 AM
it really is a little ridiculous right now! I wish you had a vehicle you could just use yourself and get it overwith and recycled.
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Clearing Clutter - 02/04/12 01:27 AM
It is done! The guy came by, the steel is gone, and one small step has been taken.

Hurrah!

Next step is my office with the piles of books to give away. I'll re-list those for the editors shortly.
Posted By: illusive Fantasy Re: Clearing Clutter - 02/04/12 02:23 AM
omg this is too funny about the steel but yet i know it was a great irration and not at all funny for you...luv the thing about the steel that would never leave...

books shouldnt be to hard to get rid off...sounds like you have accumulated a ton of things thru the years ...i have a rule of thumb after watching my mom accumulate...if i dont use it in 6mos its gone unless...its something for emergency purposes of course...like power going out around here ...that last time really affected me and im still working thru it ...now its like my feezer always has to have ice in it ...just in case...in one form or another but not to be in denial its more than just a little ice i have in there...so i really need to tackle THAT and be done with this silly crutch.

after not being around for so long, man you sure are doing a ton of posting ...lol smile its keeping things flowing in here...almost too fast laugh
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Clearing Clutter - 02/04/12 03:02 AM
Yes I apologize for being off for a month - between my three books being released, the family cruise, and other family issues in Dec-Jan I could not breathe at all. Even now I cannot breathe but I am pushing other things aside anyway. Our traffic here was really plummeting and I want to make sure these tens years of valuable parakeet content remains able to be found in search engines!
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Clearing Clutter - 02/04/12 03:03 AM
On the books, it's not a matter of me accumulating them. Because I am in the top 50 of Amazon reviewers I have books showing up unasked for at my house every day. I then pass them along to BellaOnline editors to review - but it means I have to list what I have, gather what they want, and then package them and ship them out.
Posted By: illusive Fantasy Re: Clearing Clutter - 02/04/12 05:50 AM
there used to be people i knew of that did book reviews for like barnes and noble or one of those it sure did eat up their life trying to do that ...
Posted By: illusive Fantasy Re: Clearing Clutter - 02/04/12 05:51 AM
ahhhhhhh family cruise now there is a meditation visual to use ...at least i would think... smile
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Clearing Clutter - 02/04/12 07:19 AM
The family cruise was extremely traumatic, so if anything I needed serious efforts with meditation and yoga to make it through that.

Once we finally made it home again, school started right up, and my backlog was immense, so it's taken me weeks to destress from it. I'm still not there - Mused's voting period begins on Sunday, so I'm heading right into that high level of work. And my book goes live in 2 weeks. So it's going to be an insanely hectic week coming up.

One step at a time.
Posted By: illusive Fantasy Re: Clearing Clutter - 02/04/12 09:09 AM
ohhhhhhhhh ....oppps...sorry ...not the way you want a cruise to go for sure...

and you thrive on hectic do you realize you would more than likely go insane if things leveled out...but i bet it would be nice for you for a little while huh???
Posted By: jilly Re: Clearing Clutter - 02/05/12 07:50 PM
I kind of commented on what illusive is saying in the 'last two weeks of class' thread. I do agree that you, Lisa, seem to thrive on hectic, even though I know your stated goal is serenity. smile
Posted By: jilly Re: Clearing Clutter - 02/12/12 11:55 PM
I managed to recycle an entire huge bin of expired coupons the other night. YAY! I can't believe how much space that was taking up. I have a whole new spot on the floor now. smile
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Clearing Clutter - 09/23/12 12:20 AM
OK I think my clutter tasks are now falling into discrete areas, so rather than having them all in one large pile here, I'll break them out into separate threads so it's easier to discuss.
Posted By: jilly Re: Clearing Clutter - 12/19/12 07:58 PM
YAY! I managed to cut out a big chunk of my laptop inbox emails...the nonpersonal stuff has been sitting for months. I still have more to do, but I DID manage to get in a lot of unsubscribes, which seems to be 95% of the battle.
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Clearing Clutter - 12/21/12 02:06 AM
Dear Jilly -

That is *great* news! Yes it seems that so many places are sending automated mail nowadays. I actively am unsubscribing to them, and it does help immensely. Every day I do one or two more, and it helps.
Posted By: jilly Re: Clearing Clutter - 01/03/13 08:26 AM
Thanks, Lisa. I still have way too much automated stuff coming in. A lot of it is various outdoor meetups in three places - northern AZ, yuma, and southern california, since I don't know yet where I will be living, and I am trying to see what place will work out for me this way. I keep being afraid to unsubscribe from all this, which i know is silly. I can always find them again once I figure out where to live.

I also have a lot of yahoo groups i follow on tiny house living, frugality, RVing, sustainable living and so on.

There is probably a better way to keep up to date with all these topics besides getting emails, but I don't know what that could be.

I've even stopped using social media, as a way to cut out the random noise. Honestly, I don't miss those elements at all.
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Clearing Clutter - 01/03/13 02:58 PM
Jilly -

I understand completely about not unsubscribing from the interesting feeds, and that makes sense. So instead, set up your mail to auto-file them into a folder. That way you can reference them when you want to, but they don't clutter up your main inbox.

You can do the same with other topics.
Posted By: jilly Re: Clearing Clutter - 01/03/13 10:24 PM
Now that is an excellent idea. Gmail must provide an easy way to do this. I hope. I will look into it.
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Clearing Clutter - 01/19/13 01:24 AM
Dear Jilly -

Did you figure out how to auto-file email?

I definitely do this with my email. It helps a lot. I use Outlook though.
Posted By: jilly Re: Clearing Clutter - 02/09/13 08:28 PM
I haven't even put that on my to-do list yet. frown
© RomanceClass Forum