RomanceClass.com
Posted By: Lisa Shea New Love scenes in movies - 11/28/11 01:45 AM
What are some of your favorite scenes in movies of when characters are just getting to know each other and are in this "does he like me" phase?

One that comes to mind for some reason is "The Adjustment Bureau" with Matt Damon. I had to watch it because it's based on a Philip K Dick story smile When Matt and his female co-star first meet, they talk for maybe 4 minutes and then immediately start passionately kissing. Maybe it's because I'm no longer a teenager, but I can't remember ever talking to a guy for 4 minutes and then leaping into a passionate kiss. Where is the "does he like me" part? smile
Posted By: illusive Fantasy Re: New Love scenes in movies - 11/28/11 03:05 AM
well Lisa now its ...is he a good kisser...and if he passes the test ...ok ...NOW does he like me wink
Posted By: tessboss Re: New Love scenes in movies - 11/28/11 08:08 PM
Sleepless in Seattle anyone? Whew ! !!! "I'll have what she's having"!!!
Posted By: illusive Fantasy Re: New Love scenes in movies - 11/28/11 08:33 PM
bridges of madison county i think that was the name of it...lots of good ones out there....
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: New Love scenes in movies - 11/28/11 09:26 PM
You know, Illusive, I don't think I've seen Bridges of Madison County. I've heard a lot about it. I'll have to add it into my Netflix queue! Thanks smile
Posted By: PDM Re: New Love scenes in movies - 11/28/11 09:48 PM
I loved Zeffirelli's 'Romeo and Juliet'. Very romantic. Shakespeare gave him all of the ideas, of course smile
Posted By: illusive Fantasy Re: New Love scenes in movies - 11/28/11 10:11 PM
richard drefuss holly hunter brad johnson...in the movie ...always...

when your done watching you will be emotionally drained because you run the gammot on excitment ,.laughter..and sobbing...great movie...

after renting it so many times just because of all the emotional rollercoater rides it takes you thru i finally said the heck with this...im just buying it lol
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: New Love scenes in movies - 11/29/11 02:36 AM
I've seen Romeo and Juliet, but not Always. I'll have to watch for that one too!

Interestingly, one of my favorite movies, Pride & Prejudice, starts with an opposite emotion. The characters dislike each other immensely smile And in Persuasion you never get to see when they first met. It's all in the past. And in both cases, even their kindling of emotions is sort of subtle.

Ah, I know. Sense and Sensibility. That has scenes where the characters are in that falling-in-love stage.

Oh and Last of the Mohegans. The scene where they're in the graveyard, and the one where they're in the hospital, when they are feeling that attraction. He has such amazing eyes for those types of scenes, you can feel their power.
Posted By: PDM Re: New Love scenes in movies - 11/29/11 10:20 AM
A lot of romances begin with the male and female leads hating each other ~ crazy, really.
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: New Love scenes in movies - 11/29/11 03:42 PM
I think movies like that dynamic, the idea that a person has to see past the outer shell and discover the inner beauty. It's actually a nice thought, that we can overcome those initial prejudices.

In Much Ado about Nothing the main hero and heroine are always sniping at each other and they realize that it's actually because they're so fond of each other, that they admire each other.
Posted By: jilly Re: New Love scenes in movies - 12/05/11 04:38 AM
Romancing the Stone has that 'disliking' dynamic also. A classic.
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: New Love scenes in movies - 01/30/12 12:36 AM
Similar to the Adjustment Bureau where they're kissing after 4 minutes, we just watched North by Northwest, and the characters have barely met for the first time when the woman is offering to have sex with him. Didn't he get even the slight bit suspicious by this?
© RomanceClass Forum