RomanceClass.com
Posted By: Drake Internet/Long distance dating - 02/25/09 03:50 AM
What do you guys think of this? A person you meet on the internet lives about 3 hours away. could you do it?
I read somewhere that 30% of all marriages now are happening between people who met online...but I also read that divorces have gone up almost 40%. lol.
Posted By: PDM Re: Internet/Long distance dating - 02/25/09 03:05 PM
Hi Drake

I would never have thought that Internet dating would be a good idea ~ yet it does seem to work ~ and we have a very positive thread on the subject. I think you just have to be careful ~ but then, you do in any new relationship. smile

Take a look:

'Possible to find your life partner through a site'
http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=350708
Posted By: The_Zookeeper Re: Internet/Long distance dating - 02/25/09 04:28 PM
the guy I'm currently seeing, I met online.. through a gecko forum. I have met him in person, and he only lives about 40min away, but i still don't get to see him that often. We mostly talk on the phone and online.... it seems to work ok, and when i do see him it's that much better smile
Posted By: Drake Re: Internet/Long distance dating - 02/25/09 04:38 PM
Yea that seems to be right... 40 minutes or 3 hours, if you don't see each other, it's still the same xP
Posted By: The_Zookeeper Re: Internet/Long distance dating - 02/25/09 08:01 PM
yeah... but it works still. I do wish i could see him more, but oh well :P
Posted By: Niki Re: Internet/Long distance dating - 03/19/09 04:59 PM
The man I married is someone I met on an online MMORPG. =) He lived in NYC, I in Albany, 3 hour distance.

It can work and does work, but it can be extremely difficult. Takes a lot of work, but is worth it!
Posted By: nacho's human Re: Internet/Long distance dating - 03/23/09 09:54 PM
Hey Niki out of curiosity what game were you playing when you met?
Posted By: Niki Re: Internet/Long distance dating - 03/26/09 02:47 PM
Ragnarok, private server. =)

Almost 5 years ago.. games seem so different nowadays, but maybe it's cause I'm not a teen anymore? Oh well.
Posted By: fleafish Re: Internet/Long distance dating - 04/09/09 02:12 AM
I met my wife, now going on our eight year anniversary, on the internet back in 1996. I was in Arizona and she in Ontario, Canada. Could we get any further away?? Talk about difficulties!!! It all worked out in the end and she and I are still feeling like newlyweds. Trust me, at our age, the word newlywed doesn't come up that often. I would advise anyone in an internet relationship, trust your heart, and if anything at all seems wrong, it probably is. Best of luck in life and love.
Posted By: PDM Re: Internet/Long distance dating - 04/11/09 01:38 AM
Hi Fleafish smile

Another heart-warming tale.
As I said before, I wouldn't have expected the Internet to be an ideal 'dating' facility ~ yet it's good for making friends, so I suppose there is no reason why not ~ and this thread proves that it works well, so I stand corrected. smile
© RomanceClass Forum