here is another pet pieve ...ive seen thru time how with kids if they want the pricier gifts ...THOSE are delegated for grandparents to get ...for the most....there is no spontanaity anymore ..grandparents wait for a list then shop... frown

its like nowadays EVERYTHING is done to make sure they get what they want whether its something needed so that WE think its a way to ease our conscience of them being disappointed or what im not sure...but again in my opinion ...this leads to the wrong concept of what gift giving is about...

they now KNOW no matter what...they are going to get those big pricy items from someone....

as a kid ...if you got one or two of what you wanted you were elated....its not that way any longer...again putting a lot of pressure on adults and with grandparents who struggle now a days with their meager income source i just dont think its fair...

some larger families have arranged a sort of grab bag of who gets who to buy for to help with expenses...but in the end..it amounts to the same...

gift giving almost to many now seems like a huge debt occurence and takes a lot of the joy away...and becomes very depressing

i even know people who will try to outdo someone its like a challenge to them to "outdo" with what they get allll leading to a lot of depression with individuals as opposed to a joyous time...

why cant we get back to the TRUE basics of the holidays...even if its one little thing each year we add to that theme?

why cant we sort of ...march to the beat of a different lil drummer boy...and get back to the ...REAL feelings and concepts of the holidays.

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 11/29/11 07:23 PM.