RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#424691 10/17/12 08:18 PM
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
A few years ago we went through a massive CD clearing project. My boyfriend and I both had hundreds of CDs each. We sold nearly all of them on ebay. We only kept the ones we really loved, figuring we might want to listen to them in their higher quality CD form, vs their lower quality ripped-to-iTunes version.

We haven't touched a single CD in all those years. So now I'm listing these few remaining ones on Amazon or, for the ones which have no value even there, on the CD Swap website.

Do you still have CDs in your home? Do you listen to them?

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I'm making progress on this. I have a stack of CDs on my desk. I listen to one, write a quick review of it for Amazon, list it, and then put it into a pile. The pile will go back up into the spare room, to wait for it to be sold.

So one step at a time!

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I wanted to note that I am nearly done with this project!! I have I believe just one or two more to go and I am completely done.

Step by step, it all gets done!

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
LOL just when I thought the end was in sight, I found yet another stack of CDs. Ah well, it's "free money", I just have to plow through listening to them, reviewing them, and posting them. One at a time!

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
OK I have now got all CDs in the house on Amazon, with a minor exception.

I have about ten cases that I can't find the CDs for.

I have about ten CDs that I can't find the cases for smile.

So this is fairly cool, that I have narrowed it down to these few remaining items in the entire household. And they are selling one by one on Amazon, so I have a stream of money coming in while clutter leaves.

It is working!

Does anybody still use CDs? Or are you all fully on iTunes?

Do you back up your iTunes directory, so if your hard drive fails you don't lose it all? How do you back it up? That directory can get fairly massive - certainly too large to write out to a single DVD in many cases.

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I just released two more CDs with the CDSwap site. So that's good. One step at a time, the CDs are leaving the house.

And over time, I'm also tracking down the remaining missing CDs that we have cases for, and vice versa. So that's cool too. Everything is coming together.

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I think I have about ten CDs left on Amazon, and a few on the CD Swap site. These leave the house very slowly at this point. So I need to move them into the closet.

I only buy iTunes music now, so I download them directly. I do make backups of the music, in case my hard drive melts down.

Lisa Shea, Owner

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site