I have been trying to solve this problem lately and I came across this site section and maybe I'll get some help without anyone knowing who I am and looking at me differently.

I am a 23 year old male and I have had a tough life growing up. I won't go into detail cause it's hard to talk about but I never really knew love from anyone.

Now I have been seeing this girl for about 2 years and she's told me she loved me and that's the first time I can remember someone telling me that, but the problem was that I couldn't say it back. She understands and doesn't show she's upset when I can't say it back, but I can see the sadness in her face and eyes when I don't say it.

The truth is that besides not knowing what love is, I'm scared. I'm scared that I'll screw up and hurt her, I'm scared that if I love her we'll get married and have kids and that I will [censored] up raising the kids. But most of all I'm just scared that I won't know how to love her. So I'm sorry someone out there will read this about a xxxxxx up kid who can't solve his problems, but I'm hoping someone here can help.

Last edited by PDM; 12/08/08 12:48 PM.