Next Thread
Print Thread
J
jilly Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
J
Do you live with your spouse or separately? Does it work for you, or do you want it to change? Or do you think it is always a bad idea?

MW1 Offline
Companion
Companion
I find that living with my spouse works best for me because we enjoy one another's company - HOWEVER, to me it is key that I get some alone time, or time with "the girls" because I feel that builds a stronger relationship for my husband and I. I also travel internationally 4 or 5 times a year for 2 weeks at a time - this, while a great experience, also reminds me how much I love spending time with my husband - it makes me miss sleeping in bed next to him... in part because I don't sleep well without him :p. It makes me miss seeing him when he or I get home from work, it makes me miss cooking meals and eating those meals with him. I love my husband dearly and love spending time with him and I know I would never want that to change.

I don't think it's always a bad idea either if spouses choose to live separately because it depends on the type of relationship. My aunt and uncle have two houses. Sometimes they live together in one of their houses, but then they retreat to their separate rooms - this I don't really understand, but it seems to work for them as they've always been that way.

I say, to each his own. It's important to me to have a strong and involved relationship with my husband. It's also important that I get the time I need/want to be alone, to get time with friends, etc. Our relationship has actually gotten much stronger now that we've developed several couple friends - the guys all hang out and talk, the girls all hang out and talk - they intermingle, etc. By the end of the night, we're both happy and feel like we're a part of something bigger than just him and I - it's nice to feel wanted by your spouse, but I find it's also very nice to feel wanted by other people (aka. friends) as well.

J
jilly Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
J
MW1 that sounds so nice - it sounds like you have a great community of people that you and your husband enjoy. That is a very good thing!

Most of the time my husband and I do not live together. I don't know why it seems to work better that way. maybe because we both work at home and don't socialize much? I guess we get tired of seeing each other around all the time? All I know is that we like each other more this way.

I am glad to hear of your aunt and uncle - hearing that it works for other people is comforting to me.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site