Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#228818 11/19/07 10:32 AM
B
Bilco Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Alright I've liked a friend of mine for some time now. I know at one point that she liked, but that was before we were really friends and I really didn't know much about it well that was about a year and a half ago. Well I know that she got over, but I'm not sure how she feels now. She just seems kinda different, but not in a bad way. She seems always really excited to talk to me and she use to party a lot, but she quit doing that a couple weeks ago and now the main person she talks to is me. Also the majority of the things she talks about with me is sex, usually about how gross it must be for this couple and what not, but never about her being in it.
Don't get me wrong she has other friends, but there usually really busy so she doesn't do much. I feel strongly for her, but I don't know how to go about telling her. I have know problem going up to her and asking her out and I can deal with being turned down I mean its happened to me before and you get over it, but I really don't want to lose her as a friend. Shes been there for me when nobody else has and she doesn't even really know it. Shes smart, funny, and beautiful and she doesn't even know it.
I have two big problems though. One I rarely hang out with her anymore, I mean I never did a whole lot mostly I talk to her on the phone, but its almost every night for the past year and half. She has a problem trusting people and she asked me the other day why I don't have a girlfriend (though it probaby doesn't mean much this is what got me thinking.) I told that I loved the idea of it but I can't really deal with everything else that goes along with it right now. So I asked her about it and she gave me the same response. Well that leads me to the other main problem is that she said she was planing on moving. Still if thats what she wants to do than more power to her. I'm not asking to be her boyfriend I would just like to take her out and go from there.
I just don't know if I should try hanging out with her some and then asking her out or I don't want to ask her out over the phone I would like to do it in person and again I could do that, but sense I usually only talk to her about deeper things on the phone I dont know. I know that I'm compatible with her I could go on and on about her, but thats probably not what you want to hear and I don't want to sound like a creeper.
And even if she didn't want to go out with me do you have any ideas on things that I could get her to do with me. The main reason we didn't hang out was because she worked all day and partyed most nights and I worked all night and I don't like to party.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Well, you could at least go somewhere as friends and spend some time together ~ bowling or cinema or something like that.

Why not tell her that you'd like to go out with her, but are wary of having a boyfriend / girlfriend thing, in case it ruins your friendfship, which you value so much.

She may feel the same way, so take it from there.

Welcome to the forum! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
B
Bilco Offline OP
OP Offline
B
The only concern for that is that she is usually to busy for me (But I'll find out later that she went out to hang out with other people) and I don't I guess I have a habit of liking girls that will never like me that way and just oblivious to the facts in front of my face.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
The only way you can know, for sure, if she would like to go out with you is to ask her out.

But many people fear rejection.

It's your choice & only yours.

Good luck ~ I hope that things turn out well, whatever you decide! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site