Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#425349 - 03/10/14 04:11 AM Re: Forgiveness [Re: Lisa Shea]
Lisa Shea Online   content

Gold Star Soulmate

Loc: US
Finally tackled Day 19 of the forgiveness book I'm reviewing. It was to write a letter to yourself forgiving yourself. I kept putting it off as it seemed challenging. So finally I put fresh, clean sheets on the bed, fresh batteries into my LED candles, poured a large glass of water, and snuggled in with my laptop. And just wrote.

It was a good process. I think the work the previous 18 days on forgiveness did help. I'd thought about a lot of issues and was able to be more gentle with myself than before. I have made mistakes. I learned from them. I can't change the past. I can only do the best I can with each future day - each fresh opportunity.

If I "waste" energy on feeling upset about things I can't change, that is energy I can't apply to making this current day as productive as it could be. I have SO many projects that need to be done. People rely on me. I owe it to them to be fully present in now and fully dedicated to making this current day work well. Yes I want to learn from the past - but to wallow in it serves no good for the current people who need me. I should focus all my energy today on doing today's tasks as well as I can, with all the energy and spirit that I have.

I'm slowly getting there. But the letter did help.

I do suggest trying the daily exercises and then writing yourself a letter. Every step helps a little bit.

Add Re: Forgiveness to Twitter Add Re: Forgiveness to Facebook Add Re: Forgiveness to MySpace Add Re: Forgiveness to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Forgiveness Add Re: Forgiveness to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Forgiveness to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Forgiveness to Stumbleupon Add Re: Forgiveness to Reddit
#425369 - 03/27/14 06:34 PM Re: Forgiveness [Re: Lisa Shea]

Gold Star Soulmate

Forgiveness project - wrote a long private essay about my ex to help release those emotions. I was 18-and-a-month when I married. Too young. The past is in the past, and I need to release any tangle of emotions from that so I can more fully participate in my projects of the now.

Add Re: Forgiveness to Twitter Add Re: Forgiveness to Facebook Add Re: Forgiveness to MySpace Add Re: Forgiveness to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Forgiveness Add Re: Forgiveness to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Forgiveness to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Forgiveness to Stumbleupon Add Re: Forgiveness to Reddit
#425612 - 11/25/14 11:11 PM Re: Forgiveness [Re: Lisa Shea]

Gold Star Soulmate

I still think about this project - it was very worthwhile. I highly recommend people give it a try.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Daily Meditation - 10pm EST
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:49 PM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 04:35 PM
Cleaning Humidifiers
by Lisa Shea
11/25/14 11:16 PM
Growing Taller
by Lisa Shea
11/25/14 11:15 PM
Getting my ex back
by Lisa Shea
11/25/14 11:14 PM
Best Friends
by Lisa Shea
11/25/14 11:11 PM
Forgiveness
by Lisa Shea
11/25/14 11:11 PM
House Mess Overload
by Lisa Shea
11/25/14 11:09 PM
Go a Day Without Complaining
by Lisa Shea
11/15/14 09:46 AM
Two Keys to a Relationship
by Lisa Shea
11/13/14 11:55 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Support Charity
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site

origami wedding favors