RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I'm missing kayaking which we did all summer long. However it's probably good to take a break from it so I appreciate it even more in the spring when we start up again.

I have been SOOO busy doing all the forum and server upgrades that I haven't danced in a long time. I've only been doing yoga. That's not good. So I will make a concerted effort to dance even just for a half hour in the coming days.

What are you guys doing?

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
Right now it is hiking. I have a plan to spend more time on the lower colorado river in yuma with my kayak, and can't wait for that.

I miss doing running and yoga. Have not been super active this year. Been feeling really sad and down, mostly. I am trying to climb out of that.

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Dear Jilly -

It is quite wonderful that you focused on resting and healing! That was exactly what you needed.

Now you can see what activities you are drawn to, and enjoy those! If hiking brings you contentment, then that is wonderful smile.

In terms of what I enjoy we are too cold here to hike, and definitely too cold to kayak. So I am focusing on my indoor enjoyments like yoga and Wii dancing. Even those, I've been so busy that I've put them off. I am pushing hard to get all sorts of household stuff listed on ebay etc. for the holiday season. So I should gain time in a few days when that no longer becomes such an imperative.

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Another few weeks and I can start kayaking again! I'm really looking forward to that.

What do you guys like to do in the spring?

Lisa Shea, Owner
G
G
Cardio (running, waliking, jogging, swimming, cycling) is the best exercise and they are very useful for losing weight..

J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
i enjoy mixing activities: running, walking, hiking, yoga, stretching, treadmill, rowing machine, arm cycle, spinning, paddling, climbing, stair climber, and pulling on the rope thing (like they do in Biggest Loser). Swimming. I like being outdoors and i also enjoy the gym.

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Gumman -

I agree that cardio is an important part of the mix. I think flexibility and strength training are both also important, and that it's a combination of the three that bring the best health.

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Jilly -

Yes, that does seem to be the best way, to use all the muscles in a variety of ways! To do the stretching, and to do the weight bearing, and to use all body parts in all their numerous angles smile.

I love being outdoors, especially kayaking and hiking. I also enjoy yoga, for the flexibility side. I don't do much that involves strength building, and I need to work on that.

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
Dan and I got a canoe, so I have been doing some paddling here in Mission Bay. I miss my kayaks and will bring them here after the holidays.

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
That is wonderful about the canoe, Jilly! We used to have a canoe, but we ended up selling it. Ours was fairly heavy, though. I'm sure they have lighter ones out there.

Lisa Shea, Owner
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site