This Ad Supports Charity
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#424691 - 10/17/12 08:18 PM Selling Old CDs
Lisa Shea Online   content

Gold Star Soulmate

Loc: US
A few years ago we went through a massive CD clearing project. My boyfriend and I both had hundreds of CDs each. We sold nearly all of them on ebay. We only kept the ones we really loved, figuring we might want to listen to them in their higher quality CD form, vs their lower quality ripped-to-iTunes version.

We haven't touched a single CD in all those years. So now I'm listing these few remaining ones on Amazon or, for the ones which have no value even there, on the CD Swap website.

Do you still have CDs in your home? Do you listen to them?

Add Selling Old CDs to Twitter Add Selling Old CDs to Facebook Add Selling Old CDs to MySpace Add Selling Old CDs to Del.icio.us Digg Selling Old CDs Add Selling Old CDs to Yahoo My Web Add Selling Old CDs to Google Bookmarks Add Selling Old CDs to Stumbleupon Add Selling Old CDs to Reddit
#424696 - 10/26/12 08:53 PM Re: Selling Old CDs [Re: Lisa Shea]

Gold Star Soulmate

I'm making progress on this. I have a stack of CDs on my desk. I listen to one, write a quick review of it for Amazon, list it, and then put it into a pile. The pile will go back up into the spare room, to wait for it to be sold.

So one step at a time!

Add Re: Selling Old CDs to Twitter Add Re: Selling Old CDs to Facebook Add Re: Selling Old CDs to MySpace Add Re: Selling Old CDs to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Selling Old CDs Add Re: Selling Old CDs to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Selling Old CDs to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Selling Old CDs to Stumbleupon Add Re: Selling Old CDs to Reddit
#424704 - 11/30/12 01:33 AM Re: Selling Old CDs [Re: Lisa Shea]

Gold Star Soulmate

I wanted to note that I am nearly done with this project!! I have I believe just one or two more to go and I am completely done.

Step by step, it all gets done!

Add Re: Selling Old CDs to Twitter Add Re: Selling Old CDs to Facebook Add Re: Selling Old CDs to MySpace Add Re: Selling Old CDs to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Selling Old CDs Add Re: Selling Old CDs to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Selling Old CDs to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Selling Old CDs to Stumbleupon Add Re: Selling Old CDs to Reddit
#424713 - 12/05/12 09:24 PM Re: Selling Old CDs [Re: Lisa Shea]

Gold Star Soulmate

LOL just when I thought the end was in sight, I found yet another stack of CDs. Ah well, it's "free money", I just have to plow through listening to them, reviewing them, and posting them. One at a time!

#424717 - 12/14/12 03:58 AM Re: Selling Old CDs [Re: Lisa Shea]

Gold Star Soulmate

OK I have now got all CDs in the house on Amazon, with a minor exception.

I have about ten cases that I can't find the CDs for.

I have about ten CDs that I can't find the cases for smile.

So this is fairly cool, that I have narrowed it down to these few remaining items in the entire household. And they are selling one by one on Amazon, so I have a stream of money coming in while clutter leaves.

It is working!

Does anybody still use CDs? Or are you all fully on iTunes?

Do you back up your iTunes directory, so if your hard drive fails you don't lose it all? How do you back it up? That directory can get fairly massive - certainly too large to write out to a single DVD in many cases.

#424901 - 03/02/13 09:41 PM Re: Selling Old CDs [Re: Lisa Shea]

Gold Star Soulmate

I just released two more CDs with the CDSwap site. So that's good. One step at a time, the CDs are leaving the house.

And over time, I'm also tracking down the remaining missing CDs that we have cases for, and vice versa. So that's cool too. Everything is coming together.

#424991 - 05/24/13 05:25 PM Re: Selling Old CDs [Re: Lisa Shea]

Gold Star Soulmate

I think I have about ten CDs left on Amazon, and a few on the CD Swap site. These leave the house very slowly at this point. So I need to move them into the closet.

I only buy iTunes music now, so I download them directly. I do make backups of the music, in case my hard drive melts down.

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Angels
by Lisa Shea
12/18/14 05:37 PM
Daily Meditation - 10pm EST
by Lisa Shea
12/15/14 11:09 PM
Vegas and Art
by Lisa Shea
12/11/14 12:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea
12/10/14 04:54 PM
Mindfulness in School
by Lisa Shea
12/03/14 07:30 PM
Cleaning Humidifiers
by Lisa Shea
11/25/14 11:16 PM
Growing Taller
by Lisa Shea
11/25/14 11:15 PM
Getting my ex back
by Lisa Shea
11/25/14 11:14 PM
Best Friends
by Lisa Shea
11/25/14 11:11 PM
Forgiveness
by Lisa Shea
11/25/14 11:11 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Support Charity
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site

origami wedding favors