Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#422484 02/16/12 12:07 AM
K
KennyH Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I met a lady on a site kind of like facebook, and we hit it off right away. I flirted and joked with her and the chemistry was great from the start. We share the same sense of humor and have alot of other things in common as well. We exchanged numbers and started texting and after 2 weeks of talking we set up our first date. Things went even better in person, we laughed alot and made alot of eye contact and even held hands. When i dropped her off at her place we shared a nice long kiss goodnight. The following few days she was sort of distant and not joking as much so I asked her if something was bothering her, she said that right now she wants to be friends and see where it goes, so I backed off. She would text me good morning every day and we would have some small talk throughout the day and she would always tell me sweet dreams before bed. A few days went by and she mentioned that we should go to a town about 45 minutes away and get tattoos, I thought it was a good idea since I would get to see her again. She arranged a babysitter for the night because we both agreed to spend the night. We had a great time, alot of laughs and holding hands and flirting. We had a few drinks and were feeling pretty good. When we headed to our room, she said "I hope you're not expecting sex" and "I will sleep in the same bed with you, but we're not doing anything" I was kind've surprised, I didn't mention sex before and wasn't expecting anything. So we slept in the same bed and cuddled all night, If I moved my arm, she would grab it and pull it back over her and hold my hand while we slept. We checked out the following day and held hands the whole way home. When I dropped her off I helped carry her bags inside, before I left she came to me and gave me a big, long hug and laid her head on my chest, then looked up and gave me a kiss. This was on Sunday and it's been the same thing this week, she's been distant and no talk of seeing each other again. Am I out of the loop on "taking things slow" because it seems like when she is with me things are awesome. Am I missing something here?

KennyH #422530 02/18/12 03:05 AM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi Kenny ~ Welcome smile

It's difficult to know exactly what is going on here ~ but it isn't the first time that I have heard of such behaviour. Some people don't seem to know quite what they want~ and maybe she is one of them.

She seems to be enjoying the warmth of your relationship, but does not want to commit to it yet ~ which is understandable, really, because you have only known each other for a short time.

It's just that she seems to be sending mixed messages, which is leaving you feeling confused.

Perhaps you should ask her to talk to you about her feelings and then discuss the whole scenario, if possible. Open communication is usually beneficial.

Good luck smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
KennyH #422534 02/18/12 04:10 AM
A
A
hey....kenny ........
its a new affair so just give her time and try to find what she really want from u .please check urself too that u really wanna b with her or its just a new attraction which vanishes after sometime.

KennyH #424819 01/03/13 07:48 AM
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
I've been on both ends of this. I don't like doing it to others, but from when I have, it's because I was either ambivalent about the person in the first place, or I had other things going on that were distracting me from getting more involved.

It all boils down to that harsh saying, "s/he's not that into you." Which is always an ouch to hear. frown

I think a lot of relationships have more to do with timing than anything else.

KennyH #424830 01/03/13 02:53 PM
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I think too that sometimes it takes a while for a pair to "click". It takes a gentle wearing-in process. So I would hang in there and keep showing you're interested and offering fun things to do. I've heard so many stories where it's the tenacious person who ends up with the love of their life.

Lisa Shea, Owner
KennyH #424840 01/03/13 10:19 PM
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
Yes! Tenacity goes a long, long way. It is hard to resist someone really liking you.

KennyH #424854 01/19/13 01:25 AM
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I know in my own life that when I was in a dating period, if one guy was attentive, he's the one I tended to think about. The guys who barely paid attention to me drifted out of my awareness fairly quickly.

Lisa Shea, Owner
KennyH #424867 02/09/13 08:24 PM
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
Maybe tenacity is one of those Big Life Secrets. As long as one's eggs aren't all in that basket.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site