Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#420636 12/04/11 12:15 AM
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I've been testing out a Wii dancing game and enjoying it immensely. I danced an hour Thursday and an hour today. Bob plays along on the guitar which is neat too. It's a great way to get some healthy movement into my life, plus I get to update my game reviews.

What type of activity are you enjoying now that winter is coming?

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
I have been doing some dancing at some bars, now that I have a few friends to go to bars with. And I have my twist board for while watching tv, and yoga.

That's kind of it right now. too many storms passing through this time of year to get regular hikes in.

J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
I am really not getting much in the way of workouts these days. I am focusing more in nutrition, which is new.

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Nutrition is good, hopefully soon you can have both nutrition and healthy movement going along side by side.

I enjoy dance games, so as long as I can get Bob off the TV I have an opportunity to play for a little while.

Today it was stepping to songs though. That's fun too!

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
The weather has been very gentle recently, and i've been getting outside more. I look forward to starting to run daily again. My plan is to do that once dan leaves.

Good Friend
Good Friend
Well, that just shows how young you guys are! Dancing for an hour??? We went dancing at the company xmas party....in Feb no less, and danced a little. Hubby now has 2 new knees, yay! But I'm sore. frown Can't boogie down at 54. Darn, getting old sucks.

J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
I don't like to think about age being so much a deterrent. I am 44 this year and I think Lisa is 42. I don't think in ten years I won't be hiking and running and dancing.

I am glad you did go do some boogie! I don't mind being a little sore - it means my body is stretching. smile

I do live in a state where I am regularly excited to see people in their 80s hiking out of the Grand Canyon. I want to be out there at one hundred. I know it won't be as effortless, but I can make smaller goals if I need to.

M
M
My favorite is cardio exercise.
Cardio exercises are the best for the weight loss and fitness.
These cardio exercises burn the fat more effectively and control the cholesterol level which lead to healthy heart.
The more effective cardio exercises are jogging, running, swimming,cycling, and jumping a rope.

M
M
Originally Posted By: Montague
My favorite is Cardio exercises.
Cardio exercises are the best for the weight loss and fitness.
These cardio exercises burn the fat more effectively and control the cholesterol level which lead to healthy heart.
The more effective cardio exercises are jogging, running, swimming,cycling, and jumping a rope.

Any comment?

Last edited by Lisa Shea; 09/24/12 04:42 AM.
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Montague -

I think all forms of exercise provide a health benefit. My boyfriend just went from 300 pounds to 195 pounds from February to now. However, he didn't just do it with just cardio activities. He mixed cardio with strength training with flexibility. All three are absolutely necessary.

If you do cardio without nurturing your joints you could destroy your knees, which means no more running. If you do cardio without strength training you run into other support-system issues.

Also if you do the same thing over and over again your body builds resistance to that activity - it no longer puts out the same effort doing it.

So the most effective systems mix it up every day. Each day you do something new, focusing on a different part of the body. If all you did was cycle every day, then your legs would become quite efficient at that one motion. It would no longer truly strain your legs. The rest of you would not get a great workout.

You would want to cycle one day, box the next, do yoga the third, and so on. It's about using all of the muscles, in different ways, stretching all the body parts, in different ways, and twisting in all directions as well.

It's great that you like cardio! It sounds like it's a good time to start looking into strength training and flexibility activities to round out your body's experiences.

Lisa Shea, Owner
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site