Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 4 of 43 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 42 43 >
Topic Options
#422222 - 02/07/12 11:24 PM Re: Daily Meditation - 10pm EST [Re: Lisa Shea]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Gold Star Soulmate

Loc: Massachusetts
ROTF oh jilly ...sometimes we both are so much alike giggle...and i want to do a head slap...if its meant to be it will be...all in universes times ...when your ready it will happen...dont stress over it ...

obviously what your doing must be more important and has your attention for that reason at that time because its something your suppose to be doing...even if its nothing...sometimes nothing is a profound thing ... smile

Add Re: Daily Meditation - 10pm EST to Twitter Add Re: Daily Meditation - 10pm EST to Facebook Add Re: Daily Meditation - 10pm EST to MySpace Add Re: Daily Meditation - 10pm EST to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Daily Meditation - 10pm EST Add Re: Daily Meditation - 10pm EST to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Daily Meditation - 10pm EST to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Daily Meditation - 10pm EST to Stumbleupon Add Re: Daily Meditation - 10pm EST to Reddit
#422251 - 02/08/12 05:00 PM Re: Daily Meditation - 10pm EST [Re: Lisa Shea]
Kathy A Offline
Good Friend

Loc: Wyoming
I try to meditate every night when I'm soaking in a bubble bath...sorry Jilly...no reading, no music, just me and the bubbles. But then I start to think, with nothing else to do with my brain, then pretty soon I'm either stressing out or upset about something. I suck at meditation. frown

Add Re: Daily Meditation - 10pm EST to Twitter Add Re: Daily Meditation - 10pm EST to Facebook Add Re: Daily Meditation - 10pm EST to MySpace Add Re: Daily Meditation - 10pm EST to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Daily Meditation - 10pm EST Add Re: Daily Meditation - 10pm EST to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Daily Meditation - 10pm EST to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Daily Meditation - 10pm EST to Stumbleupon Add Re: Daily Meditation - 10pm EST to Reddit
#422252 - 02/08/12 05:28 PM Re: Daily Meditation - 10pm EST [Re: Lisa Shea]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Gold Star Soulmate

you dont really suck at meditation...as soon as your mind starts to drift...thats when you need to redirect back to ...how that bubble bath feels ..and your pampering yourself...take a facecloth at that moment or just cup your hand and drizzle the water over yourself and watch the droplets ..be aware of how it feels an looks...swish the water...maybe add a bit more warm water...and listen to it fill the tub more...have some music on...close your eyes feel the steaminess things like that... laugh

#422261 - 02/08/12 10:03 PM Re: Daily Meditation - 10pm EST [Re: Lisa Shea]
Lisa Shea Online   content

Gold Star Soulmate

Loc: US
Dear Kathy -

Illusive is exactly right. Meditation is the *practice* of learning to tune your mind. You can't suck at it. You are just at a different stage of practicing which is fine. Every human gets distracted thoughts, and the practice of meditation helps us to learn how to let those drift away again.

There will always be times that we get sucked into our thoughts, and that's normal! When we realize we have been, then we smile gently at ourselves, praise ourselves for realizing it, and refocus on our breath and the bubbles.

One step at a time!

#422262 - 02/08/12 10:03 PM Re: Daily Meditation - 10pm EST [Re: Lisa Shea]

Gold Star Soulmate

Dear Jilly -

I have a timer on my PC that goes off every hour. It's the only way I'm aware of time passing. Without the timer I'd never remember that I want to set aside time for meditation. Maybe your phone or PC can have a timer on it?

#422263 - 02/08/12 10:05 PM Re: Daily Meditation - 10pm EST [Re: Lisa Shea]

Gold Star Soulmate

OK it is 10pm on Tuesday. Time for a meditation.

Maybe tonight I will do a moving meditation - walking heel to toe around the house. I wish I had snow - last year I made a labyrinth spiral in the snow and adored it. I was really looking forward to doing it again this year, but no snow!! It's unfair, winter is supposed to be about beautiful snow.

But I need to remember that nature is varied and that is fine smile With this year's lack of snow I will appreciate next year's snow even more than usual. So I will make an indoor labyrinth.

#422267 - 02/08/12 11:30 PM Re: Daily Meditation - 10pm EST [Re: Lisa Shea]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Gold Star Soulmate

dear Lisa...i remember last year all too well with the snow...forgive me for saying...glad you cant do that giggle...this is nice toooo...instead go out and do a visual as if there were snow...sigh... smile

#422268 - 02/09/12 01:05 AM Re: Daily Meditation - 10pm EST [Re: Lisa Shea]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

Loc: beneath the rim of the Colorad...
I've never ever thought of snow as having an upside. LOL. But the labyrinth idea is a cool thought.

#422352 - 02/10/12 10:03 PM Re: Daily Meditation - 10pm EST [Re: Lisa Shea]

Gold Star Soulmate

I *adore* snow. You can ski! You can sled! It looks absolutely gorgeous. Snow snow snow. I think we're getting some tomorrow! Hurrah!!

I wouldn't live in New England if I didn't adore snow smile It's why I'm here!

OK, on to meditation. Hmmmm, what kind of meditation to explore tonight. Taste! I've done sight, sound, texture, touch, movement. Now taste. I will meditate with a glass of wine next to me, and explore all aspects of its taste.

#422353 - 02/10/12 11:01 PM Re: Daily Meditation - 10pm EST [Re: Lisa Shea]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Gold Star Soulmate

there are many places that have snow...you dont have to live in new england to have it ...and thank goodness ...it wont be much snow at all...an poof it will be gone in a blink...yipeee smile

Edited
wow...was that snow...giggle barely a dusting even a ant couldnt ski or slide in that... laugh

Edited by illusive Fantasy (02/11/12 12:10 PM)

Page 4 of 43 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 42 43 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Daily Meditation - 10pm EST
by Lisa Shea
09/19/14 06:05 PM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea
09/12/14 10:40 AM
BellaOnline Ebook Award
by Lisa Shea
09/09/14 01:16 PM
Aquarian Awakening - a Sci-Fi Romance
by Lisa Shea
09/06/14 08:50 AM
Flirting for Girls book
by Lisa Shea
09/04/14 06:48 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Support Charity
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site

origami wedding favors