RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I was just admiring that birds-on-a-stick photo too, it is so cute!

I'm lucky that I work at home, so I can just be in my sweats. I do have one suit left in my closet, for emergency wear, but I don't think I've worn it in the past ten years.

Think - if you sell all the old clothes, maybe you could buy a few new items with the money that you really adore!

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
jilly Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
J
Okay,l I just acquired a new used tunic. So a tee shirt has to go! I will take it out to the fabric pile now.

Good Friend
Good Friend
Have to say I'm a big fan of the tunic. That way I can wear tight yoga pants and no one has to look at my bum. smirk Used to wear jeans on Fridays and all weekend, but not anymore. This way I can just gain weight and not know and not care!
Hubby might have a different point of view.
I always thought the women in Hawaii had the right idea with the moo moo's.

J
jilly Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
J
I need some tight yoga pants. All i have is baggy sweats. And I have a nice bum! No one would know it, based on how I dress.

Mumus, yeah, and caftans!

Good Friend
Good Friend
ha ha! get you some calvin's compression yoga pants. They made my hubby go "whoa!" one time when I was climbing up to do something. It was worth it. He's 62...I was happy he noticed. smile

J
jilly Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
J
LOL, Kathy, that is brilliant! Good on you!

I'll look for some of those.

I was browsing through Etsy for handmade tunics - I might need to get rid of the tees/sweats completely. Instead I should wear tunics and tight yoga pants. I am doing this all wrong. laugh

Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
BigBrother BigSister came through again this morning meaning last night we were putting stuff into bags for them. Bob had about one full bag of clothes but I felt that was too little, given how cluttered the house was. I was sure we could do better. So we went through all our hats / gloves / coats / etc. and found two more bags of stuff that we just didn't wear. It was nice stuff, like a vest I'd bought on Nantucket, but I just never wear it. So it made more sense to go to a home where it would be used.

I didn't go through my tshirts because I've gone through them so many times in the past that I'm down to my "favorites". But with that being said, I have 23 of them. I work from home so in the summer I only wear tshirts, but I do laundry once a week or so. Shouldn't I only need 7 then, with maybe a few extra?

I have:

2 black - useful for layering under things
1 white
2 that say "kayak" in nautical flags - my friend Debi made these for me and I *love* them, I love kayaking in them. And in the summer we try to kayak daily.
2 Academy of Knightly Arts shirts, my sword school. Necessary school uniform.
1 Fraggle Rock, I love this, it makes me feel dancy
1 blue tie dye, I love this.
1 red tie dye, ditto. I see a trend.
1 'love bermuda' - pretty and summery
1 Nantucket love-to-bike-Nantucket, which I do.
1 Nantucket 'pass for access on remote beaches' which I also love
1 Japanese love kanji
1 Japanese peace kanji
1 Japanese imagination kanji
1 Japanese cutting-through-chaos moon image
1 mountain biking "event official" shirt when I volunteered at an event
1 battery-powered heart that lights up and beats to music, very cool for gigs
1 battery-powered black equalizer shirt that does the same thing.
1 plain black shirt for customizing at some point for the band
1 red-on-black sci-fi shirt from when I ran the SciFi society at WPI in 1986
1 "yes we are sisters" shirt that I made for me and my sister when we went to Cancun, since everyone always asked us that

So I adore all these shirts and rotate through them regularly. I.e. each month in warmer months I will wear each one at least once a month. Except the sisters and sci-fi ones, those are for special occasions. Still, I can't imagine wanting to give any away.

Maybe that means I should accept that this is my standard wardrobe and be content with it. Maybe it also means I should look more closely at the other non-tshirts which I rarely wear and start donating some of those. In the summer I pretty much only wear tshirts. In the winter I pretty much only wear sweatshirts. So the other "pretty shirts" I own are just wasted in the closet. Someone else might be wearing those regularly.

When I want to dress up, I always wear one of my long dresses. I would never wear sweats and a pretty shirt, for example. I'm not fond of jeans. So there's no real "bottom" I would wear with those pretty shirts. If I was going to wear a skirt, I'd just go for the dress as it's easier.

So maybe that will be my focus the next time BBBS comes around.

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
jilly Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
J
I think accepting that as your official wardrobe is a fine idea, and you do have the dresses for non teeshirt/sweats occasions.

(Every time I think of you, I think of those dresses!)

Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
Right, Jilly, I always wear those dresses if I'm "dressing up". I rarely even think of wearing anything else. So the other "dress shirts" I have, while pretty, are just going to sit there for years and years. They might as well go to people who need them for interviews or formal occasions.

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
jilly Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
J
I agree. Those clothes are just there, with no one to love them. You can even whittle them down one at a time, one a week, and see if you ever miss them.

I think i will pull a shirt out of my closet and put it on the donate pile right now!

OK. I just pulled out a very cute little sailor's shirt that I know I am never going to wear. It's now in the donate bag.

Your turn!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site