The Child Health Site
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#420599 - 12/01/11 06:16 PM Re: sheds/storage [Re: jilly]
Lisa Shea Online   content

Gold Star Soulmate

Loc: US
Dear Illusive -

It's definitely steel but they make them thin nowadays, probably for expense reasons. Plus I think it was only say 9x12, it wasn't a gigantic shed. Just one for lawnmowers and such.

Add Re: sheds/storage to Twitter Add Re: sheds/storage to Facebook Add Re: sheds/storage to MySpace Add Re: sheds/storage to Del.icio.us Digg Re: sheds/storage Add Re: sheds/storage to Yahoo My Web Add Re: sheds/storage to Google Bookmarks Add Re: sheds/storage to Stumbleupon Add Re: sheds/storage to Reddit
#420600 - 12/01/11 08:26 PM Re: sheds/storage [Re: jilly]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Gold Star Soulmate

Loc: Massachusetts
yah i know the kind...my son had some guys that built sheds that size one cost for building and to shingle it the whole bit ..cheaper those sheds and my gosh its still lasting...whenever it decides to call it quits he can just burn it...

i guess thats all these two guys did was go around and do that a father son team it seemed...got done in a day too...framing doors roofing etc...all he did after was slap a coat of paint on it.

surprising too because the materials were not the most expensive that its still lasting good...after 9 yrs.

Add Re: sheds/storage to Twitter Add Re: sheds/storage to Facebook Add Re: sheds/storage to MySpace Add Re: sheds/storage to Del.icio.us Digg Re: sheds/storage Add Re: sheds/storage to Yahoo My Web Add Re: sheds/storage to Google Bookmarks Add Re: sheds/storage to Stumbleupon Add Re: sheds/storage to Reddit
#420611 - 12/02/11 08:19 AM Re: sheds/storage [Re: jilly]
tessboss Offline
Long Time Friend

Talked to a scapper guy and he said its about 10 - 12 cents per pound for steel but steel weighs more at the scales and he likes it better than aluminum because aluminum weighs (20 cents a pound)less and you need a lot to make anything.

#420632 - 12/03/11 07:04 PM Re: sheds/storage [Re: jilly]

Gold Star Soulmate

It probably depends where you go too - I think if I drive 2 hours I can get to somewhere that will pay 10 cents a pound, but the place that's within a half hour will only pay 9 cents a pound.

#420633 - 12/03/11 07:04 PM Re: sheds/storage [Re: jilly]

Gold Star Soulmate

Oh and I'll note the steel is still out there. His car is still full of junk so he can't put the steel into it. Maybe tomorrow. I hate to nag but this is getting silly.

#420646 - 12/03/11 07:53 PM Re: sheds/storage [Re: jilly]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Gold Star Soulmate

lol tell him no more air guitar till he does this ... laugh

#420663 - 12/04/11 06:15 PM Re: sheds/storage [Re: jilly]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

Loc: beneath the rim of the Colorad...
My car is also still full of steel junk. I was glad to get it off the ground but now I need to drive over and get it out of the car. Been driving around with it all back there for two weeks.

#422103 - 02/05/12 03:15 PM Re: sheds/storage [Re: jilly]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

I wonder if storage sheds are ever worth what we pay for them, in pure financial terms. from what i have paid over the years for them, i could have bought their contents several times over.

That's the logical part.

But nothing about our 'stuff' is ever logical.

#422105 - 02/05/12 03:18 PM Re: sheds/storage [Re: jilly]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Gold Star Soulmate

ya know my son found a father son team who all they did was go around and build small wooden sheds approx the size of the steel or aluminum sheds...much cheaper ..i think it only cost him two hundred and that included shingles for it...that thing is still holding up just fine as he stained it also and its been ten years now...so it has more than earned its money and when it decides to finally go to rot ...its eco friendly

#422113 - 02/05/12 04:52 PM Re: sheds/storage [Re: jilly]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

I meant the storage shed you pay monthly rent on, but that works too. How great your son was able to find such an elegant solution!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Daily Meditation - 10pm EST
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 06:00 PM
19 Year Anniversary
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 08:39 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 08:23 AM
Help Talking on the phone with a girl
by Lisa Shea
08/16/14 05:59 PM
Aquarian Awakening - a Sci-Fi Romance
by Lisa Shea
08/05/14 05:18 PM
A Sense of Duty
by Lisa Shea
07/29/14 10:48 PM
Into The Wasteland
by Lisa Shea
07/29/14 05:42 PM
Perfect FREE Summer reading!
by Lisa Shea
07/26/14 03:21 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Support Charity
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site

origami wedding favors