RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#421661 01/27/12 01:51 AM
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
These past 2 months have been absolutely insane for me. I released my first three medieval novels in December, released the winter issue of the Mused Literary Magazine, and then went on a week long cruise with extended family members where my rather ran amuck. Then I was barely coherent returning from that, plus came down with the flu. I am only surfacing now and have an immense backlog that cannot be believed.

But I knew that clearly I had to start taking care of my health in order to get all my various projects back on track. I know if my shoulders start killing me that I don't work as efficiently. If I am not able to focus well then I work more slowly.

So today even though I have a ton of things on my to-do list, I set aside an hour tonight and went to a free yoga class. It was not as relaxing as I had hoped for, but at least it was a start. I do feel a little better now, and am diving into my backlog!

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
OK about 10 minutes today, little steps add up. I am just able to touch my toes right now - and I used to be able to put palms flat on the floor - so it's a little depressing. Still, one step at a time.

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
A good reminder - okay will do downward dog for one minute, starting now...ahh, that was nice.

I'd like to read with legs up the wall for half an hour. let's see if i can get to that. It's been a very hard week on me and i am trying to get my head back on right. I need to attend to some things before relaxing. smile

I know, I know...

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I did an hour long yoga class last week and then this week. It's good to get back into that routine. It is amazing how much my flexibility has reduced since I stopped doing regular yoga. I need to gain that back again.

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
I did legs up the wall while reading yesterday and that was nice. I will go for that again. I am also taking mini breaks between tasks to hold downward dog for a few minutes and relax into it.

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
That is good, Jilly, take time every day to do a few poses! I need to do that too.

Lisa Shea, Owner

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site