Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
Yes! A loss of control, my fate lies in the variegated personal whims of those society has deemed in authority. With a wave of the arm they could dismiss the whole non-criminal thing and give me a warning against next time.

And, also stressy - the loss of $1000 that I do not have. Last year I made $7500 total. This year I am applying for disability. I doubt the civil courts care how much of my income $1000 is. frown

I
Gold Star Soulmate
Gold Star Soulmate
I
some do Jilly because over time they realize you cant get blood from a stone..and so set it up for small reg. payments and yes i know even at that its a hardship.

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I'm back to the basement project again, because now we have to get the kayaks back in there again. And I **never danced** all year long because it is still messy down there. This is just silly.

Hopefully this weekend we will get the kayaks inside in advance of this hurricane that is coming. So that might let us at least tackle one tiny corner. We have to get that junk out of the house.

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
Since I moved back into Serenity the RV, I now have basements again. It's been a few years since I looked in there. I'm thinking maybe to start changing things out, put in actually useful things, remove the whatever i haven't needed in all this time.

What's nice about class A motorhomes is all the massive basement room. What's hard about the basements is that you have to pretty much sit or lie down on the ground to use the spaces.

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Dear Jilly -

That is great that you have basements! I agree that if you haven't used something in a few years it's at least worth looking at. Sometimes there are legitimately things we only use every few years. But many times it's a sign of clutter.

Our basement is still an untouched, giant mess. It frustrates me, but we have made a lot of progress on the upstairs rooms. So I'm focusing on priorities. We have done quite a lot of cleaning out and giving away and organizing in the main household areas. Still a mess, but taking those small steps. The basement will have to wait until we get through this other stuff.

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
Maybe we can help each other get rid or, clean or organize ONE thing. Even just one thing, right now.

Alright! I grabbed a stack of RV resort magazines that I certainly won't be using again. Probably. Maybe. Anyway, I really don't need these. What do i do with them?

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Jilly -

I think the web will provide far more accurate information for you than those old magazines could. Great choice!

Do you have a local senior center? My senior center loves magazines of all types. The people there simply enjoy reading, no matter what the topic.

OK I will tackle my basement tomorrow and try to do just one thing down there.

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
Yes, I give my senior center thrift store magazines all the time. Actually, I used to. I started getting a little put off by the amount of nice things they toss in their dumpsters (yes, I look).

Now I bring them to my Guidance Clinic and stick them in the magazine racks for people to enjoy. I go there weekly anyway, so i am happy to bring down a stack of catalogues and magazines that at least will get looked at.

I've become paranoid about thrift stores since seeing what goes on in their various dumpsters around town. It upsets me that things i make an effort to pass along end up tossed in landfills anyway. It makes me start hoarding, which is not good. I think I will start a topic on the hoarding subject.

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Dear Jilly -

It's always a shame when groups throw things away that were donated to them. Hopefully at some point they will connect with another charity which can use those things.

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
I try to donate to thrift stores that have downstream options, but i think even thrift places are so overwhelmed with stuff these days, that there are no good solutions.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site