Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#422017 - 02/04/12 12:51 AM Re: Clearing Clutter [Re: Lisa Shea]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Gold Star Soulmate

Loc: Massachusetts
ahhhhhhh family cruise now there is a meditation visual to use ...at least i would think... smile

Add Re: Clearing Clutter to Twitter Add Re: Clearing Clutter to Facebook Add Re: Clearing Clutter to MySpace Add Re: Clearing Clutter to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Clearing Clutter Add Re: Clearing Clutter to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Clearing Clutter to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Clearing Clutter to Stumbleupon Add Re: Clearing Clutter to Reddit
#422029 - 02/04/12 02:19 AM Re: Clearing Clutter [Re: Lisa Shea]
Lisa Shea Online   content

Silver Star Soulmate

Loc: US
The family cruise was extremely traumatic, so if anything I needed serious efforts with meditation and yoga to make it through that.

Once we finally made it home again, school started right up, and my backlog was immense, so it's taken me weeks to destress from it. I'm still not there - Mused's voting period begins on Sunday, so I'm heading right into that high level of work. And my book goes live in 2 weeks. So it's going to be an insanely hectic week coming up.

One step at a time.

Add Re: Clearing Clutter to Twitter Add Re: Clearing Clutter to Facebook Add Re: Clearing Clutter to MySpace Add Re: Clearing Clutter to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Clearing Clutter Add Re: Clearing Clutter to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Clearing Clutter to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Clearing Clutter to Stumbleupon Add Re: Clearing Clutter to Reddit
#422043 - 02/04/12 04:09 AM Re: Clearing Clutter [Re: Lisa Shea]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Gold Star Soulmate

Loc: Massachusetts
ohhhhhhhhh ....oppps...sorry ...not the way you want a cruise to go for sure...

and you thrive on hectic do you realize you would more than likely go insane if things leveled out...but i bet it would be nice for you for a little while huh???

#422094 - 02/05/12 02:50 PM Re: Clearing Clutter [Re: Lisa Shea]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

Loc: beneath the rim of the Colorad...
I kind of commented on what illusive is saying in the 'last two weeks of class' thread. I do agree that you, Lisa, seem to thrive on hectic, even though I know your stated goal is serenity. smile

#422397 - 02/12/12 06:55 PM Re: Clearing Clutter [Re: Lisa Shea]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

I managed to recycle an entire huge bin of expired coupons the other night. YAY! I can't believe how much space that was taking up. I have a whole new spot on the floor now. smile

#424641 - 09/22/12 08:20 PM Re: Clearing Clutter [Re: Lisa Shea]

Silver Star Soulmate

OK I think my clutter tasks are now falling into discrete areas, so rather than having them all in one large pile here, I'll break them out into separate threads so it's easier to discuss.

#424754 - 12/19/12 02:58 PM Re: Clearing Clutter [Re: Lisa Shea]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

YAY! I managed to cut out a big chunk of my laptop inbox emails...the nonpersonal stuff has been sitting for months. I still have more to do, but I DID manage to get in a lot of unsubscribes, which seems to be 95% of the battle.

#424765 - 12/20/12 09:06 PM Re: Clearing Clutter [Re: Lisa Shea]

Silver Star Soulmate

Dear Jilly -

That is *great* news! Yes it seems that so many places are sending automated mail nowadays. I actively am unsubscribing to them, and it does help immensely. Every day I do one or two more, and it helps.

#424822 - 01/03/13 03:26 AM Re: Clearing Clutter [Re: Lisa Shea]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

Thanks, Lisa. I still have way too much automated stuff coming in. A lot of it is various outdoor meetups in three places - northern AZ, yuma, and southern california, since I don't know yet where I will be living, and I am trying to see what place will work out for me this way. I keep being afraid to unsubscribe from all this, which i know is silly. I can always find them again once I figure out where to live.

I also have a lot of yahoo groups i follow on tiny house living, frugality, RVing, sustainable living and so on.

There is probably a better way to keep up to date with all these topics besides getting emails, but I don't know what that could be.

I've even stopped using social media, as a way to cut out the random noise. Honestly, I don't miss those elements at all.

#424833 - 01/03/13 09:58 AM Re: Clearing Clutter [Re: Lisa Shea]

Silver Star Soulmate

Jilly -

I understand completely about not unsubscribing from the interesting feeds, and that makes sense. So instead, set up your mail to auto-file them into a folder. That way you can reference them when you want to, but they don't clutter up your main inbox.

You can do the same with other topics.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Perfect FREE Summer reading!
by Lisa Shea
07/24/14 04:06 AM
Daily Meditation - 10pm EST
by Lisa Shea
07/23/14 05:52 PM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea
07/21/14 02:30 PM
Help Talking on the phone with a girl
by shooting_star_ga
07/19/14 03:04 PM
Himalayan Yoga
by Lisa Shea
07/18/14 09:21 AM
Do You Think about Breaking Up?
by baba ijebu
07/02/14 12:18 AM
Girl in college class
by baba ijebu
07/01/14 11:16 AM
Tadpoles
by Lisa Shea
06/30/14 05:53 PM
Finding Peace - A Medieval Romance
by Lisa Shea
06/30/14 02:05 PM
I like a girl in my class
by Lisa Shea
06/25/14 06:12 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Support Charity
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site

origami wedding favors