RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 98 1 2 3 4 97 98
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Lol I left my computer and used Leela on my futon. I did the 8 minute energizing session, then the 10 minute "heart opening" session. It was quite nice. It had me breathing in thoughts for peace about myself, and then breathing out thoughts of peace for someone else. I chose you smile

Quite a lovely meditation session!

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
Oh, thank you! I really appreciate that. I really need to recharge after these last three days. smile

I sat quietly in bed with a back scratch brush and did deep breathing and back scratching. I tried not too think about anything - i just wanted to relax. Breathe in, breathe out...

I
Gold Star Soulmate
Gold Star Soulmate
I
well i could be mistaken but i believe when your meditating your not suppose to be doing back scratching at the same time jilly giggle...bet it felt good tho smile

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Meditating can come in a wide variety of styles - for example walking meditation involves moving around, and there is meditation that focuses on sound or on a visual.

So a meditation of a back scratching sounds like one way to draw in focus!

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
It's 10pm on Saturday night - time to enjoy meditation!

Tonight I am going for a 20 minute meditation, letting thoughts that float into my mind float out again like a cloud.

Last edited by Lisa Shea; 02/05/12 03:04 AM.

Lisa Shea, Owner
I
Gold Star Soulmate
Gold Star Soulmate
I
well maybe you think back scratching draws focus but i can truly say ive never seen anyone anywhere at anytime advocate it or tell someone to do that while meditating...im certain you cant either giggle crazy lets be a lilllll bit realistic here. smile

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 02/05/12 04:15 AM.
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
Ooops, I forgot about tonite. It takes a while to make a habit. smile

Let's stop talking about the back scratching merits. I will relate what I am doing with all honesty, k?

I
Gold Star Soulmate
Gold Star Soulmate
I
Dear Jilly

my comment was meant to by playful jilly, a bit of a chuckle or a smile once in awhile is also very medicinal in finding inner peace with oneself.

i saw no harm on commenting where it is a open discussion...and was drawing upon what i have known in many different types of meditational instructions. smile

also, there is no issue here about honesty being involved...as i was also being honest.

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 02/05/12 06:32 AM.
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
Illusive, I am not a newbie to meditating. I am a bit sensitive sometimes though when i feel like someone makes me look foolish. Not your fault; my problem with me.

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Jilly -

Just a minor comment because people are finding and reading this thread, and others may want to do meditation involving objects touching their body.

Several of my meditation books do talk about touch being a key sense, and that meditating with touch can be a powerful way to meditate.

One category of suggestions involves your own body. Many suggest resting your hand on your stomach and sensing the natural activity that takes place there. Related to that is the set that has you rest your hand on your heart, for the same reason.

A second set of suggestions involves an inanimate object at rest. So you hold a non-dangerous object and meditate on it. It can be a smooth stone, a multi-facet angled rock, a twisted piece of wood, whatever connects with you at the moment. You explore the dimensions and textures of the object.

A third set of suggestions merges the two and has you interacting that object with your body and examining the sensations that result. So a back scratcher is an ideal form of this.

Lisa Shea, Owner
Page 2 of 98 1 2 3 4 97 98

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site