Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#420103 11/14/11 01:35 PM
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I did yoga for the first time this morning in many weeks. My poison ivy finally had recovered to the point that I felt safe putting some pressure on my wrists - they are still "weeping" but far less in solid pain.

It was wonderful. My body felt so much more relaxed and unstressed after I finished. I think bodies need to stretch.

I'm going to work to get it back to a daily habit.

Lisa Shea, Owner
Lisa Shea #420106 11/14/11 02:54 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I do think that I should start doing something like this.

I went to Pilates until my health prevented me, but I think that I should start up again now.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Lisa Shea #420112 11/14/11 09:38 PM
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Yoga can be very gentle and stretchy, so there should be ways to do it to work around various health issues. What I do is more of a limbering / stretching type of yoga, fairly gentle. It greatly helps with sore back and neck muscles.

Lisa Shea, Owner
Lisa Shea #420449 11/28/11 01:42 AM
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Hmmm OK so much for my daily habit. I haven't done it again, I've been beyond busy. Hopefully now that I'm feeling better and am no longer itchy I will be able to plan out my days more properly.

With my first book launching in 3 days, it probably won't be soon though! I am sure I will be quite busy up until Dec 1st smile

Lisa Shea, Owner
Lisa Shea #420497 11/29/11 03:50 AM
I
Gold Star Soulmate
Gold Star Soulmate
I
WELLLLL great to know your poision ivy deal is finally winding down...geeeesh that must of been awful trying to sleep as well...

had a friend bring me something interesting today...someone made her one so she made me one and says it works great for those small achy areas...

sort of a small pillow but filled with RICE of all things

i remember when buckwheat was the thing

needless to say you dont wash it but what you do is...place it in the micro for a bit to warm the rice and then place it on your neck or knee elbow where ever you ache and she uses it as a foot warmer when going to bed also...

which i cant stand warm anything in bed i like the entire room being cool, i have fans in there and even open the window during the worst of winter days...sheets and pillows too, need to be cool...i could never use foam for a mattress or pillow...so i wont be using it for that either.

as far as stretching goes...my gawd now there is a visual...my body has taken such a beating as i grew up even into mid 50's if i go to stretch anyyyyything lol...thats it ...ill be in traction laugh..and ohhhhhhhh it feels soooo good to even do a early morning stretch...

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 11/29/11 03:51 AM.
Lisa Shea #420521 11/29/11 04:22 PM
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Dear Illusive -

I have a neck snake that is like that, filled with some sort of rice substance and it goes in the microwave to warm up. It's great for soothing a worn out neck. I've been fortunate, once I started doing yoga my neck and shoulders don't ache much at all. They used to ache like crazy after a day of work on the computer. Now that I've not been doing yoga my neck is bothering me again, and I was thinking about using that. But I realize it makes more sense to do the yoga and fix the real problem, vs applying band-aid solutions.

I think stretching is good for all of us - just start slow and gentle!

My normal yoga routine is an hour and I'm so swamped for time right now that I can't imagine "losing" an hour - but it's my own body that's suffering. What I have to do is do just 15 minutes of yoga, to get at least SOME done. I can do that. I'll put that into my schedule later. I have to do at least 1 final pass-through on my book to make sure it's ready to publish. Then I really MUST get it into CreateSpace and Kindle and Apple's queues, because they all take 2-3 days to approve something and it has to go live on Dec 1st!

Lisa Shea, Owner
Lisa Shea #420532 11/29/11 06:05 PM
I
Gold Star Soulmate
Gold Star Soulmate
I
i think you will be fine if your a day late even on those books...all things in time and it will get done huh smile

Lisa Shea #420635 12/04/11 12:13 AM
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Dear Illusive -

The thing is I already had told everyone for months what the date was, so if I missed it, it would be fairly obvious. Also, with the next one coming out on Dec 8th, it will start a backlog if I start slipping smile

The first book did go live on Dec 1st! Hurrah! The Kindle version of Seeking the Truth is live. The paperback version is still NOT live, which is frustrating. This is an area Lulu is better than Amazon - Lulu's book would have been live in minutes. Ah well, I have to wait it out now.

Lisa Shea, Owner
Lisa Shea #420645 12/04/11 12:52 AM
I
Gold Star Soulmate
Gold Star Soulmate
I
well congratulations on getting that done...and basically the hard lumps are tackled now its againnn hurry up and wait...here ya go again giggle...first the shed now this...all things in time... smile

Lisa Shea #420677 12/05/11 01:51 AM
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
This thread is a good reminder for me to stretch. My plan is to do some kind of yoga every day, even if it's a simple stretch, or tree pose while in line, or downward dog before bed.

I don't think a goal can get simpler! I just have to remember to do it. It seems to take a long time until something is a habit.

Anyway, I will stop right now and do downward dog!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site