Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
jilly Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
J
What are your go-to stress reduction activities?

My faves - hot baths, long walks, exploring a new area, reading, decorating, cleaning/organizing and yoga.

Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I'm not doing anything and I am just SO SO SO stressed right now. Statistics is absolutely killing me. Everything else is always a challenge to manage and statistics on top is squashing me. I have no time for yoga or baths or anything else. I barely get to the must-dos on my list and don't have any time for the want-to-dos like this forum.

Only 4 more weeks of statistics and it's over. I just need to last 4 more weeks.

Lisa Shea, Owner
I
Gold Star Soulmate
Gold Star Soulmate
I
Lisa first and foremost when you neglect self your not honoring self and everything turns to mush ...you are the most important thing on any to-do list so make a slot for YOU and DO...

to neglect self is to neglect the soul and essence of your spiritual being ..the core of who you are...as well and that doesnt fit into any recipe for success ive ever heard...

remember your other teaching ...everything ...starts with SELF and its not being SELFish...did you ever get and start to read that book you ordered...ORDERLY CHAOS

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 03/02/11 11:01 PM.
J
jilly Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
J
One of Lisa's goals is to get straight As in every class. I am sure she could pass easily with a B and ALSO make the time to relax...or she could keep driving herself in pursuit of the A and very little else.

It's a matter of choices.

I know when I was back in school I was also only happy with an A in everything. A+ was even better. I had a saying with an equally motivated friend, that we never wanted to 'fail' with a B.

Now, if i had been forced to deal with a class like statistics, I think I would have been happy to just live though it. But i was taking my biological science classes that I loved so much and ignoring anything with numbers.

M
M
Yoga is the best exercise for the physical fitness and mental recovery. It protects from various serious diseases and heart risk and leads to a happy and calm life.
It also makes the nervous system stronger and is good for the depression and stress relieve.

Last edited by Montague; 07/19/12 04:45 PM.
M
M
Originally Posted By: Montague
Yoga is the best exercise? for the physical fitness and mental recovery. It protects from various serious diseases and heart risk and leads to a happy and calm life.
It also makes the nervous system stronger and is good for the depression and stress relieve.

Any comment?

Last edited by Lisa Shea; 10/09/12 02:44 AM.
Good Friend
Good Friend
I spend time hunting mushrooms, improving my marksmanship or simply sitting by the stream and watching nature in action. I suppose that I am at an advantage in a way because nature is my Chapel, my Church.

Yoga sounds interesting for women but guys . . . . ?

I practiced Karate from the time I was five until age 32 and never once used any yoga poses but some people say that yoga really helps their Kata especially when they are getting older.

“None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.”-Johann Goethe
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Anything physical that gets your heart rate up works for me. I enjoy a long brisk walk too. Sex is always good!

I
Gold Star Soulmate
Gold Star Soulmate
I
living where i do plus living alone ive very little stress ever in my life...

im surrounded by woods a lake and nature dont have to involve myself with the hectic social life so im basically extremely lucky when it comes to stress...

most stress i go thru is when i have to go grocery shopping smile

Good Friend
Good Friend
tessboss: If you're serious about that last post can I have your name and number? . . . . grin Just kidding.

“None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.”-Johann Goethe
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site