Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

This Ad Supports Charity
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#410258 - 02/19/11 11:12 PM What do you do to relieve stress?
jilly Offline
Best Friend

Loc: beneath the rim of the Colorad...
What are your go-to stress reduction activities?

My faves - hot baths, long walks, exploring a new area, reading, decorating, cleaning/organizing and yoga.

Add What do you do to relieve stress? to Twitter Add What do you do to relieve stress? to Facebook Add What do you do to relieve stress? to MySpace Add What do you do to relieve stress? to Del.icio.us Digg What do you do to relieve stress? Add What do you do to relieve stress? to Yahoo My Web Add What do you do to relieve stress? to Google Bookmarks Add What do you do to relieve stress? to Stumbleupon Add What do you do to relieve stress? to Reddit
#410885 - 03/02/11 05:51 PM Re: What do you do to relieve stress? [Re: jilly]
Lisa Shea Online   content

Gold Star Soulmate

Loc: US
I'm not doing anything and I am just SO SO SO stressed right now. Statistics is absolutely killing me. Everything else is always a challenge to manage and statistics on top is squashing me. I have no time for yoga or baths or anything else. I barely get to the must-dos on my list and don't have any time for the want-to-dos like this forum.

Only 4 more weeks of statistics and it's over. I just need to last 4 more weeks.

Add Re: What do you do to relieve stress? to Twitter Add Re: What do you do to relieve stress? to Facebook Add Re: What do you do to relieve stress? to MySpace Add Re: What do you do to relieve stress? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What do you do to relieve stress? Add Re: What do you do to relieve stress? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What do you do to relieve stress? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What do you do to relieve stress? to Stumbleupon Add Re: What do you do to relieve stress? to Reddit
#410886 - 03/02/11 06:00 PM Re: What do you do to relieve stress? [Re: jilly]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Gold Star Soulmate

Loc: Massachusetts
Lisa first and foremost when you neglect self your not honoring self and everything turns to mush ...you are the most important thing on any to-do list so make a slot for YOU and DO...

to neglect self is to neglect the soul and essence of your spiritual being ..the core of who you are...as well and that doesnt fit into any recipe for success ive ever heard...

remember your other teaching ...everything ...starts with SELF and its not being SELFish...did you ever get and start to read that book you ordered...ORDERLY CHAOS

Edited by illusive Fantasy (03/02/11 06:01 PM)

Add Re: What do you do to relieve stress? to Twitter Add Re: What do you do to relieve stress? to Facebook Add Re: What do you do to relieve stress? to MySpace Add Re: What do you do to relieve stress? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What do you do to relieve stress? Add Re: What do you do to relieve stress? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What do you do to relieve stress? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What do you do to relieve stress? to Stumbleupon Add Re: What do you do to relieve stress? to Reddit
#411036 - 03/04/11 01:19 AM Re: What do you do to relieve stress? [Re: jilly]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

Loc: beneath the rim of the Colorad...
One of Lisa's goals is to get straight As in every class. I am sure she could pass easily with a B and ALSO make the time to relax...or she could keep driving herself in pursuit of the A and very little else.

It's a matter of choices.

I know when I was back in school I was also only happy with an A in everything. A+ was even better. I had a saying with an equally motivated friend, that we never wanted to 'fail' with a B.

Now, if i had been forced to deal with a class like statistics, I think I would have been happy to just live though it. But i was taking my biological science classes that I loved so much and ignoring anything with numbers.

#424136 - 07/19/12 12:42 PM Re: What do you do to relieve stress? [Re: jilly]
Montague Offline

Yoga is the best exercise for the physical fitness and mental recovery. It protects from various serious diseases and heart risk and leads to a happy and calm life.
It also makes the nervous system stronger and is good for the depression and stress relieve.

Edited by Montague (07/19/12 12:45 PM)

#424147 - 07/21/12 08:46 AM Re: What do you do to relieve stress? [Re: Montague]
Montague Offline

Originally Posted By: Montague
Yoga is the best exercise? for the physical fitness and mental recovery. It protects from various serious diseases and heart risk and leads to a happy and calm life.
It also makes the nervous system stronger and is good for the depression and stress relieve.

Any comment?

Edited by Lisa Shea (10/08/12 10:44 PM)

#424163 - 07/23/12 04:55 PM Re: What do you do to relieve stress? [Re: jilly]
Mongrel Offline
Good Friend

Loc: Midwest USA, The Beeble Belt
I spend time hunting mushrooms, improving my marksmanship or simply sitting by the stream and watching nature in action. I suppose that I am at an advantage in a way because nature is my Chapel, my Church.

Yoga sounds interesting for women but guys . . . . ?

I practiced Karate from the time I was five until age 32 and never once used any yoga poses but some people say that yoga really helps their Kata especially when they are getting older.

#424179 - 07/25/12 06:32 PM Re: What do you do to relieve stress? [Re: jilly]
tessboss Offline
Long Time Friend

Anything physical that gets your heart rate up works for me. I enjoy a long brisk walk too. Sex is always good!

#424180 - 07/26/12 02:33 AM Re: What do you do to relieve stress? [Re: jilly]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Gold Star Soulmate

Loc: Massachusetts
living where i do plus living alone ive very little stress ever in my life...

im surrounded by woods a lake and nature dont have to involve myself with the hectic social life so im basically extremely lucky when it comes to stress...

most stress i go thru is when i have to go grocery shopping smile

#424185 - 07/26/12 05:18 PM Re: What do you do to relieve stress? [Re: tessboss]
Mongrel Offline
Good Friend

Loc: Midwest USA, The Beeble Belt
tessboss: If you're serious about that last post can I have your name and number? . . . . grin Just kidding.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Daily Meditation - 10pm EST
by Lisa Shea
08/20/14 06:00 PM
19 Year Anniversary
by Lisa Shea
08/20/14 08:39 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea
08/20/14 08:23 AM
Help Talking on the phone with a girl
by Lisa Shea
08/16/14 05:59 PM
Aquarian Awakening - a Sci-Fi Romance
by Lisa Shea
08/05/14 05:18 PM
A Sense of Duty
by Lisa Shea
07/29/14 10:48 PM
Into The Wasteland
by Lisa Shea
07/29/14 05:42 PM
Perfect FREE Summer reading!
by Lisa Shea
07/26/14 03:21 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Support Charity
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site

origami wedding favors