RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
Hello,

I go to my gym a lot and over the past few times I have been there one of the girls and I have been talking alot and I would even say we have hit it off a bit, have very good flirty moments and rapport with each other.

I must admit that I think she is very nice and interesting, and pretty as well, and I would like to ask her out.

I must also admit that I have genuinely enjoyed talking to her, interacting with her and I hope my asking her out doesn't come across as I am just doing a "pick up" or anything of that nature.

With that being said, what might be a good, respectful way to ask her out?

I actually planned to ask her at the gym on wednesday but one point we walked near each other and she smiled at me but didn't say hi, though I didn't say hi either.

So I another questions I have then is does her lack of saying hi on wednesday mean I should not ask her out?

Any other thoughts? I thought I would ask as there is a good chance I could see her when I go to the gym tomorrow and I plan to ask her.

I have to admit, though, that when I get close to asking a girl out, I can get nervous and all of that. For intstance I have a good amount of female friends that I talk to and even other women, some whom I have been interested in, I can talk to with great ease and charm. Even the case of this girl at the gym, I have to say I found the earlier coversations and interactions easier because i was focused on getting to know her and such, with my knowing I might get around to ask her out later.

However, now that the point to ask her out has come, I am a bit nervous. To give an example, at the gym yesterday I happened be talking to a a girl on the machine next to me a bit and everything was going fine, but when the girl I plan to ask out came in I suddenly was kinda happy and pretty nervous at the same time.

So, yeah, when I get to the point of asking out I get nervous, tongue tied even though I am very fun and charming before that.

Thanks

Great Friend
Great Friend
You should just ask her to come to the gym with you and you can work out together. However, for the nervousness, it is completely normal every one gets it unfortunately:( but good luck!

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi David & welcome smile

I agree that it is normal to feel a little nervous in situations like this.

Is there a snack bar, or something like that, at the gym? Could you suggest having a drink there, together, to cool off ~ or something like that?

Then you could chat to her about how she got involved in the gym and what her other interests are ~ and would she like to go out for a proper meal with you sometime?

Good luck! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
D
OP Offline
D
HI,

I asked her today and she said yes. we are going out after the gym on friday.

However, do you i think I should first approach her when we are done working or can I use the elliptical machine next to her, make conversation and all?

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Super!

I think that you would need to approach her during your time at the gym.

Have a great time smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site