RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
AJ_007 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I know this girl for three months already. We have been talking and kind of started a relationship last month but she said she didn't feel a spark in it. That there was a little one but not one to keep the relationship going. We are friends now but I still like her a lot and I am pretty sure she likes me alt too from how we have been talking to each other and I don't know if I can continue being her friend because I know that I am going to want more than that and it might jeopardize our relationship.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hell AJ_007 + welcome smile

Let's have a look at a couple of quotes from your post:
Quote:
'We .. kind of started a relationship last month but she said she didn't feel a spark in it. That there was a little one but not one to keep the relationship going.'

Quote:
I still like her a lot and I am pretty sure she likes me [a lot] too

It sounds as if you do like her a lot, and that you believe that she feels the same ~ yet she has already told you that she considers that the spark between the two of you is too small to keep a relationship going.

Maybe you need to really consider this and acknowledge it, because you are still saying that she likes you 'a lot', after she has told you that she doesn't feel that there can be a romance beween you.

There is one small hint of hope for you, I think ~ the fact that she feels that there is even a small 'spark', because, if there was nothing there, then there would be no 'spark' at all. On the other hand, she may be trying to let you down gently, because she likes you, and wants to remain friends with you.

As you say, being friends may be difficult, when you want more, but, if it is all that is on offer, then you may have no choice.

Remember, too, that the girl for you is the girl who is attracted to you, and cares about you, as much as you care about and are attracted to her. You may feel sad and difficult around this girl when you are attracted to her and all she wants is friendship, but, long-term this is for the best.

No-one can be happy in a one-sided relationship. A girl who pretends that there is a big spark, just so that she doesn't upset you, is not doing you any favours, so this girl is doing the right thing by telling you the truth.

One say, you will find your Miss Right and she will find her Mr Right.
One day, it is just possible that you will find each other, but for now, it's best to just accept friendship.

Good luck and take care smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
A
A
Its confusing you know. Maybe she likes you but she dont want to engage a serious relationship with you. Go ask her again maybe that will change her mind and be threaten her that she might lose you and decide to go on a next level relationship.

Get Your Ex Back
Look to the future!

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site