Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Just continue to be friendly and to enjoy this friendship smile
If he is older, though, it is wise to be careful.

Last edited by PDM; 12/14/10 02:10 AM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
D
D
This is the stupidest story I've ever read to be honest. Maybe it is your ability to write stories; I don't know, but I really recommend that you re-type this story with more details. i don't see how anyone could give you advice on such a vague story like that. Give us the juicy details!

Here is an example of what you wrote:

My cat keeps meowing at me. I pet him all the time. Does this mean my cat likes me?

How would we know the answer to that? How do we know if you are totally in love or whatever you would call it. Here is some advice; go home, think about what you wrote, think about your situation, ask yourself first if you really need help from STRANGERS like me who care nothing about you for some retarded advice, and then consider re-posting your fairy-tale love story.
Bye!

MW1 Offline
Companion
Companion
Little harsh Dan Druff... when I respond to posts like these I typically try to put myself in that person's shoes - say if this individual is a teenager - a young one - those feelings can be very different from a teenager in college...

I would be very hurt if someone wrote on my post and said it was stupid. If you don't like a post and don't have anything nice to say you shouldn't say anything at all.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: Dan Druff
This is the stupidest story I've ever read to be honest. Maybe it is your ability to write stories; I don't know, but I really recommend that you re-type this story with more details. i don't see how anyone could give you advice on such a vague story like that. Give us the juicy details!

Here is an example of what you wrote:

My cat keeps meowing at me. I pet him all the time. Does this mean my cat likes me?

How would we know the answer to that? How do we know if you are totally in love or whatever you would call it. Here is some advice; go home, think about what you wrote, think about your situation, ask yourself first if you really need help from STRANGERS like me who care nothing about you for some retarded advice, and then consider re-posting your fairy-tale love story.
Bye!

And this is one of the rudest posts that I have read on here.

You came to us for advice, but criticise others when they do so.

If you cannot post anything positive and helpful on a thread, then surely it would be better not to respond at all.

Please treat all of your fellow members with respect.
Thank you.

D
D
You were right to call me out on my rude post. Perhaps I was a bit rude with my first sentence, but you are making it seem like what I posted was a fiasco of some sort. I think that my advice (unlike yours) is not sugarcoated. I like to get straight to the point, and sometimes, the only way to get a message to someone is to do so without regards to their feelings. My advice was rude, but in my opinion was very helpful. I don't know about you, but when someone tries to tell me "it's ok" when it isn't, then that person really hasn't put much thought and consideration into what I told them. All of your "helpful" comments are all congruent in conveyance. They all state the same positive outlooking decision on things and I think that is wrong to constantly feed someone's head with positivity. What if the worst happens? No one on this gosh forsaken place considers the worst. Because they don't, then when the worst happens, that person (after reading all the positive comments and smiley faces) will be torn up because their confidence was built too high and let down so hard. Call me rude, but I do exactly what I came here to do and that is to open people's eyes just enough so they can see what the right decision is for themselves. Never did I once insult anyone on here; that is not what I came to do.

Thank you.

MW1 Offline
Companion
Companion
When you said their post was stupid you insulted someone.

I came to this forum when I needed it most and it was extremely helpful and reassuring to me in that time of need.

In my opinion, you didn't give any advice, therefore your comments were not helpful, they were just mean.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: Dan Druff
.... Call me rude, but I do exactly what I came here to do and that is to open people's eyes just enough so they can see what the right decision is for themselves. Never did I once insult anyone on here; that is not what I came to do.

Rudeness and insulting responses are not wanted or allowed on this forum.

It is perfectly possible to get a message across, while still being polite.

Please remember this in future.

Last edited by PDM; 12/24/10 02:34 AM.

A
A
lol I felt that same thing to when I was in Highschool even when I get to college thats where i met my love ones... A lovely feeling indeed.

Get Your Ex Back
Look to the future!
D
D
MW1:
Clearly, I did state that I was harsh on my first sentence. Second, I did not ask for a life story about you and this forum. The comment was originally between me and the person who posted the story. Third, I will give you a short grammar lesson. This should be of some help, and do not take it personally.

The word "therefore" is not a conjunction. It is a conjunctive adverb, so it cannot connect two clauses together. (subject and a verb) Because of this, when using "therefore" it must be treated as an adverb with special attributes. One would be that this adverb (since it is a conjunctive adverb) cannot be put alone at the beginning of a sentence. A semicolon (;)must precede "therefore" and a comma directly afterward because it is considered an adverb. Adverbs (when introduced in the beginning of a clause or sentence) must end with a comma.

Fourth, my comments were not mean. what would you say if I told you that I was not exactly the most well-rounded communicator and that I had problems putting things in a polite way? (as I actually do) Then could you call me a mean person or a brutally honest person? Either way, you are definitely not helping the situation by counteracting with the comment you left for me.

D
D
PDM:

You seem to be quite the helper to most people on this forum as I do read that you have over 22,00+ posts. I will show you respect in the best way that I know how, so do not take what I say offensively.

The same goes for you about rudeness. The final paragraph on my previous response applies to you as well if you wish to follow your own advice about treating others with respect. I do realize that it is possible to get a message across while being polite. Next, I should probably read the rules of this forum for further reference so that I can see for myself if my posts are not allowed on this forum. Lastly, you do not know for sure if these posts are wanted or not, so you cannot say such a farce. Thank you .. again.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site