RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#405024 10/03/10 04:20 AM
J
OP Offline
J
Im 18 and my girlfriend and i broke up yesterday. It was perfect, we had never fought, we were extremely close on an emotional level. Also we had never had sex (i know some people blame relationships on that... having/not having it). So we met during the summer after we graduated highschool and we were in the same grad class but never knew each other but when we met instant connection. Most everything we had in common from music to tv except she was a theater girl and i was a bit of a videogamer. So there is some background. Basicly we decided it was best for us to break up because it was really hard for her to balance me with school/work/homework/theater and so i dont suffer it was best to end it. Which i understand because its her future. During our talk we decided we would continue to be friends and one day maybe try again when time is not a factor in the relationship. So what i was wondering is if i should wait for her to finish school again and try again or just move on. Like never ever had a problem just schedules couldnt make time for us. I was thinking of asking her something along the lines of "will you really not date anyone because of school because thats why we broke up and want to try again in the future" but for a month or so. Just looking for advice. I know it has only been 2 months and she was my first love we really care for eachother and it killed us both to do this.

jegresits #405030 10/03/10 10:25 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi jegresits smile

My husband & I met when we were around your age. We were at college together. We went out when we could ~ and we were studying as well. Plus sports and other commitments, etc.

People need people. You cannot just turn off all relationships when studying is involved. You just have to allow each other time to work, as well as being there for each other.

I don't really understand why you felt the need to break up ~ especially as you don't seem happy about it.

Why couldn't you just agree to only spend time together when the workload wasn't too high?

You say 'it was really hard for her to balance me with school/work/homework/theater' ~ so was this her decision?

If so, then I think you need to know why this was such a problem.
Was this just an easy way of breaking up, or does she really hope that you will stay together after the work pressure is over?

Are you at the same college?

Good luck smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM #405032 10/03/10 11:38 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Im still confused about it all. Like 2 weeks ago she was showing how she still kept the flowers i gave her and how happy she was with me.

Im going to talk to her again and suggest spending time together when her work load is smaller.

I really hope this wasnt an easy way of breaking up and i will def bring that up

On a side note my mom thinks a reason could be because there was no sex and some people need that intimacy but when i was finally ready we had no time alone to think about that. Then i started feeling bad because she did get out or a "use and abuse" relationship and maybe wanted to finally make love to someone who actually cared for her. Thats just my thoughts tho.

Same University different campus

If you have tips for opening this convo id appreciate it. I dont mind wait to spend time with her as long as i know were are still together.

Last edited by jegresits; 10/04/10 12:13 AM.
jegresits #405035 10/04/10 01:03 AM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
You could suggest that you think that a break up was possibly too final, or too severe an option, when all you both needed was a little time to yourselves, and that you think that you made a mistake, and does she agree?

No sex being a problem?
Well, I think that it depends on the people and the circumstances.
Sex is for special relationships in my opinion.
Personally, if a couple breaks up after a short time because of lack of sex then there must have been lack of true feeling too ~ and without that true feeling, then sex is just a physical thing ~ but that's just my opinion.

PDM #405041 10/04/10 03:33 AM
J
OP Offline
J
I like how that was put.

I dont think it was because of a lack sex, my mom brought it up so i was wondering.

And i need to do this while if it dosnt work we stay friends if she really isnt looking for a relationship through school.

jegresits #405048 10/04/10 01:17 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Good luck smile

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site