RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#404850 09/27/10 03:31 PM
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
Um, hi everyone ^^ It's Raven here (aka Ashes). Sorry about the name change. I can assure you that this one is permanent because it will be my true name when I turn 18.

Ok, so a couple of months ago I came out to my friends and to a few trusted adults that I'm bi-curious. Major turn in ym life XD Everyone that knows totally supports me though, which is kinda cool really.

For the past 4yrs I've been crushing on one of my best friends. Let's call her Allison. Even though it started off as crushing, I do care a lot for her and dare I say it, I think that I might be falling for her.

So, I'm 17 and she's 17. I'm exactly 6 months older than her. We're of different races and different belief systems. I'm a Grade higher than what she is. We dont see each other outside of school. Just for a bit of info.

Allison, unlike me, is bi and she has been for a very long time. She has experience with the same sex, which I don't (this is a first for me). She's extremely attractive and her personality just rocks. We're completely inseparable.

Thing is, I confessed to Allison and she says that she wants to me just friends. I've been told by other friends that she talks behind my back and things, but I'm not one to believe this because no one has attitude with me. I've backed off quite a bit with her.

But lately, she invites me into her personal space. She affectionately plays with my hair and holds me. She sometimes subtly flirts with me.

I'm highly confused by this. Both she and I are very playful when it comes to each other, so I'm not quite sure what's real and what isn't on her side.

Any help? I know it's a bit of a awkward topic

"My name is my law"
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello Raven

Goodness me ~ you seem to choose so many very challenging relationships!

Over the past few years you have had crushes on a number of people whom you have told us about.

This is normal for teenagers.

Now you mention being 'bi-curious' ~ something else which many teenagers go through.

This friend seems to know what she is ~ and possibly knows that you may not really know what you are ~ and that you may not be the right person for her to have a relationship with.

It's not surprising, though, in the circumstances, that she flirts with you, but be careful not to get involved in anything that you may later regret.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM #404856 09/27/10 07:35 PM
Friend
Friend
Hey Raven. Sorry for the delay. I got some computer issues going on. I'm gonna put this the best way possible. I'm not too strong on this subject, so people feel free to correct me if you see something wrong or misleading.

In my point though, Being curious has it's advantages and it's disadvantages. Like being curious when had your first piece of chocolate. I don't anyone that gets to try chocolate knows what it is or what it taste like on their first taste of it. So curiosity kicks in and they want to at least try it. When they do, they either like, don't like it or they just break out in a allergic reaction to it.

Take from me. There was a time when i was bi-curious for like 2 weeks and that was it. I live my life by the bible and what how I believe it's supposed to be done which is with a man and a women.

So yea. I will say there's nothing wrong exploring it for a little bit. Don't go too far in and do something that may regret. I would hate to hear if anything bad happen to you.

Lee Willam Huntley IV
DJ Jah Man
Love one another, and God
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
Ma'am PDM,

Hehe, it's not my fault XD I think that the relationships find me.
But anyways, I do understand that she might think that my sexual preference is not certain. But really, sometimes the flirting and the playing kills me inside. I'm leaving the school in a month's time and then I'll hardly see her at all.

lwhuntley4,

Thanks for the concern. You're right about the curiosity thing. I have no experience with the same sex, so it just fuels the curiosity more. I won't do anything stupid. Promise smile

"My name is my law"
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
My advice, pretty much as always, is to think, very carefully, about whatever you choose to do ~ and take care of yourself. smile

Last edited by PDM; 09/28/10 12:48 PM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM #404996 10/01/10 05:27 AM
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
Hi,

Um, I saw Allison 2 days ago. It's the first time I've been over to her house, so I felt a bit nervous. Well, that, and on account that her mom never used to really like me.

So, we pretty much sat in her room for most of the time, just talking to each other, looking through pictures and watching a few videos. Just that... I dunno, the closeness got to me, you could say.

We sat on her bed for quite some time. Their was hardly distance between us. She pointed out a few times that I was blushing. Well, it's not exactly something that I could help. Later during the day, she also kissed me on the cheek. When I asked her what it was for, she answered "Just because".

It feels weird to me...

"My name is my law"

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site