RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#404307 09/07/10 06:21 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Alrighty folks, I need some help. My story's kind of long and boring, so I hope your eyeballs are well rested. :]

I'll start from the beginning.

I met him in the summer of '07. He worked at my local Dairy Queen. A skinny, pimple-faced nerd that I didn't have much interest in speaking to. He talked more with my mom than with me - as I said, not interested - but she brought up that I was looking for a second job. He was happy to bring me the application and told me to list him as a reference. Couldn't hurt, so I did while I ate the free chocolate cone he gave me. We talked a little bit about TV, then I was up and gone.

When I finally got hired there, he'd left for college. I didn't want to see him, so this was good news for me. Of course, come that winter he was back - and was I in for a surprise. Gone were the pimples and the bowl cut and he'd grown in some facial hair. What can I say? He was hot. Like HOT hot. But, not wanting to invoke the wrath of karma, I didn't suddenly start talking to him. I still avoided him.

To be honest, I hated him at first. I hated his attitude, I hated his mannerisms, I hated everything about him. He talked too much, he was annoying... He flat out grated on my nerves.

Somehow, we started talking. Slowly but surely, he managed to grow on me. He'd take me home every night and we'd sit and talk for hours. He'd come pick me up from my other job and we'd go eat somewhere - and he'd always insist on paying. Before I knew it, feelings were growing and hormones were being pesky. And even though I KNEW he liked me - and I would blatantly tell him that I liked him, too - he wouldn't act on it because he knew there was another guy I liked at the time.

Shortly before he left, we went to eat at iHop with my family where he had to spend five hours - yes, ladies and gentlemen, FIVE HOURS - working up the nerve to kiss me. Mom thought it was pathetic; I thought it was adorable, but that's beside the point.

He couldn't figure out whether it "meant" anything or not, so he left for college with us as just friends. And I was fine with that.

A few months later, I caught word from our Dairy Queen boss that a tornado had hit his school. The news was terrifying, but he was alright so all was well.

He ended up coming home so that his parents could replace his things. On the last night he was here, he wanted to take me out to eat but I had to be up early in the morning and declined, though he drove my mom and I to the iHop anyway.

It's just down the street from my house so as I started walking home he called "YOU SUCK!" across the parking lot.
I called back "Well you suck boys!" He then ran at me head on before whirling me around and kissing me. He asked me to be his girlfriend. Of course I said yes. I was thrilled!!! I wouldn't get to see him before next summer, but I didn't care. I couldn't wait to see him again.

Of course, in the meantime, I tried to keep in touch. He didn't have a cellphone at the time, so I got his e-mail from my boss and wrote him a physical letter as well. Months went by. I didn't hear from him. I think it was three months later that I finally got a reply to my e-mail and it was the shortest, crappiest e-mail ever written.
Something along the lines of: "Hi. I have lots of stories to tell when I get back from college. Good to hear from you."

I was livid. I wrote him an angry lengthy response (which he claims to never have received; along with my letter).

When he came back, I tried to pretend he didn't exist. But I had to find out what happened. I could never "date" him again (if you could call it that), regardless of what he said, I promised myself. I stuck to it after we had a heart to heart.

We ended up as friends again and fell back into our same old routine. Staying out all night, talking about everything and nothing. We'd go skinny dipping in empty vacation homes. I'd spend the night at his house and we'd watch marathons of anime (and that was ALL, ha ha, nothing steamy). It was bliss, and I was soon considering him as one of my closest companions. Of course I still had feelings for him, and him for me, but I refused to let myself make that mistake again.

He decided he was joining the NAVY. I asked him if he'd keep in contact or just abandon me again, because if he was planning the same thing we should say goodbye now. He promised he would.

He left without even saying goodbye. I was heartbroken and furious he would do that to me after he hurt me the first time.

He came back in December once basic training was over and he acted like he'd seen me just yesterday; like nothing had changed and no time had passed. I promptly told him where he could shove it, and he drove off. I thought that would be the last of him.

Well, I was wrong. He showed up at my job this past Sunday. I wasn't there as I'd called out sick (talk about fate!!!). He spent a long time there, asking every employee and several strangers what he should do to apologize to me. "Are there flowers I can buy? Is there an 'I'm sorry I was such a jerk' card?" He ended up writing me a two page letter, explaining how sorry he was and how much he thought about me over the past eight months and how he missed being "us". How he meant everything when he asked if I still had any feelings, but that he knew it was too little too late. He told me he would be back in October before he graduated and hoped I could stomach the sight of him. (To be continued...)

C
OP Offline
C
He left me his phone number.

The general consensus from my co-workers is that he's in truly madly deeply.

I sent him some not-so-nice text messages. We talked for a little while before he went to bed. He gave a lot of lame excuses and did a lot of apologizing. The words "guilty conscience" were mentioned.

I hate him.
But I love him.

Now what do I do?

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Welcome Confuzzled smile

Confusing, yes, but endearing, too, I'd say.

He hasn't been unfaithful, and it seems that you haven't, either ~ you just don't seem to have communicated something to each other. Not sure what.

Boys and girls think differently ~ that's why I believe that everyone should read a book on the subject (something like the Venus and Mars books).

I would say that it would be worth giving this another chance, as you both seem to genuinely care about each other.

What do you think?

Good luck smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
In a way it's kind of romantic don't you think? Were you guys ever fully commented to eachother or was it just friends being inlove? i would go for it... talk it out tell him how you feel and dont hold anything back. (dont call him the names you probably wanted to though that will hurt his feelings lol) but if he is truly sorry date each other when he graduates and see where it goes.. keep us posted!

Love my little keet Bud!!
C
OP Offline
C
Hi, and thanks for the welcome! I'd like to say I'm glad to be here, but under the circumstances... ha ha.

I guess he wasn't "unfaithful", so to speak. When I confronted him when he came back from college, he told me that he had basically separated his home life from his college life and forgotten about me. So, he didn't date, but he DID sleep with some girl. From what I understand just once, but I really don't remember. Although we both considered ourselves apart at that point, so I don't think much of it.

When we confirmed our break up, he started dating some chick... but again, I can't say much about that. We weren't together so it's not like I had a say.

I know that I care about him, but I can't figure him out. Does he care, or is it just a game? Maybe he just likes stringing me along. I don't know what to think. And I don't think I can handle being left to stand here like an idiot again, waiting on baited breath for some sign from him to hear nothing until he deems it convenient for him.

C
OP Offline
C
Hi Lindsey!

Thanks for the advice.
We were never committed, no. We were going to be (he did ask me to be his girlfriend) but then he left for college and he pretended I didn't exist or something, since he never even attempted any contact. frown Which he told me he regrets.

We've texted a little (VERY little, ha ha). I haven't been the nicest person in the world towards him, but I don't think I've called him anything worse than an r-tard, ha ha.

He's supposed to text/call me later, so I guess we'll see what happens from there.

I'll be sure to update with any more news! :]

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
That does sound a little less endearing, after all.

You probably need to have a proper serious discussion, to see where this may be going. Good luck smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
W
wps Offline
W
Honestly? Was a fun read. You should try to make it work, although sailors tend to be off (at sea?) most of the time, if I understood it correctly.
Topic is a bit old but I liked it anyway. Have fun.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site