so im friends with this guy and recently ive realized i really like and he says he likes me back but he doesnt want a relationship right now. now i know what youre thinking, but hear me out;

he really does seem to like me but he went through a messy break up with a girl he really liked a few months ago. he told me, straight up that he wasnt ready to be in a relationship again and im fine with that (i figure i shoud have some fun) but hes being so confusing! he asked me out on a date OVER A MONTH AGO and we still havent gone! he keeps saying hes busy but its really bothering me! he set a date for it last week but then canceled because his grandparents were visiting.

i was convinced that we were going to have a sortof relationship (dates, makinging out, etc.) but without us being bf and gf (zero commitment basically) but when given the oppertunity (we were all alone) nothing happened! his friend told me that he thinks hes afraid of hurting my feelings but i really dont know! one minute all his attention is on me, hes super sweet and whatever, and then the next were less than friends, totally ignoring eachother.
what should i do?