Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#398500 - 04/05/10 08:45 PM Clearing out Crafting Supplies
Lisa Shea Online   content

Gold Star Soulmate

Loc: US
I love to craft and I build up shelves and shelves of crafting and sewing items. I finally decided I had just too many things.

I've been carrying around boxes and boxes of dress patterns with me for many years. Some patterns are back from 1986 and before! I am never going to make those dresses and skirts again. I wear sweats all day! And I have a few pretty dresses that I love, for when I need to go out.

So I found a sewing shop where they teach sewing students and they are happy to take them all. So that's great! They go to people who will use them, and I don't have the clutter. Heck if I *really* decide someday that I *must* sew myself a skirt, I can buy a fresh new pattern. They're only, what, $5 or something? I can invest that $5 in myself someday if I get hit with a skirt craving. But I really don't think that will happen smile

Add Clearing out Crafting Supplies to Twitter Add Clearing out Crafting Supplies to Facebook Add Clearing out Crafting Supplies to MySpace Add Clearing out Crafting Supplies to Del.icio.us Digg Clearing out Crafting Supplies Add Clearing out Crafting Supplies to Yahoo My Web Add Clearing out Crafting Supplies to Google Bookmarks Add Clearing out Crafting Supplies to Stumbleupon Add Clearing out Crafting Supplies to Reddit
#398585 - 04/06/10 05:10 PM Re: Clearing out Crafting Supplies [Re: Lisa Shea]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

Loc: beneath the rim of the Colorad...
Good for you, lisa! What a perfect choice you made to bring them to sewing classes. Very creative.

I have my painting supplies that I am not ready to give up yet, plus some candle and soap supplies that I would love to have the chance to mess with. Not ready to give those up yet, but if i was, I'd offer a bin of them on craigslist. :-)

Add Re: Clearing out Crafting Supplies to Twitter Add Re: Clearing out Crafting Supplies to Facebook Add Re: Clearing out Crafting Supplies to MySpace Add Re: Clearing out Crafting Supplies to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Clearing out Crafting Supplies Add Re: Clearing out Crafting Supplies to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Clearing out Crafting Supplies to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Clearing out Crafting Supplies to Stumbleupon Add Re: Clearing out Crafting Supplies to Reddit
#398834 - 04/11/10 05:04 AM Re: Clearing out Crafting Supplies [Re: jilly]

Gold Star Soulmate

I love making candles and soaps so I understand the allure there! They make great presents which are both handmade are functional. They self-recycle!

Add Re: Clearing out Crafting Supplies to Twitter Add Re: Clearing out Crafting Supplies to Facebook Add Re: Clearing out Crafting Supplies to MySpace Add Re: Clearing out Crafting Supplies to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Clearing out Crafting Supplies Add Re: Clearing out Crafting Supplies to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Clearing out Crafting Supplies to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Clearing out Crafting Supplies to Stumbleupon Add Re: Clearing out Crafting Supplies to Reddit
#399597 - 04/24/10 08:11 PM Re: Clearing out Crafting Supplies [Re: Lisa Shea]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

Very true! I like your thinking. And crafts are soothing to make.

#399598 - 04/24/10 08:17 PM Re: Clearing out Crafting Supplies [Re: jilly]

Gold Star Soulmate

Yes you can very much get into the zone when you're pouring candles, just focusing on that one task.

When I fold origami it is almost like meditation, my fingers know what to do and I get lost in it.

#401856 - 06/01/10 12:42 AM Re: Clearing out Crafting Supplies [Re: Lisa Shea]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

That sounds so soothing, Lisa. Since I will have a studio space for myself soon, i will get to use my crafting supplies!

I will need to start finding shelving. I don't want to live with bins of stuff stacked up.

#402992 - 07/05/10 11:58 PM Re: Clearing out Crafting Supplies [Re: jilly]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

Well, I'm really glad i did not give up my crafting things - i now have an entire studio to make crafts in! I will have to document how it gets started.

#403937 - 08/15/10 10:11 PM Re: Clearing out Crafting Supplies [Re: jilly]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

Right now am at a standstill in the craft room. There is a huge heavy pool table taking up the entire room. I can't budge the thing to even get it over against the wall. And putting it on Craigslist will mean having to talk to people, which I can be weird about.

#405207 - 10/12/10 12:58 AM Re: Clearing out Crafting Supplies [Re: jilly]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

No changes yet. I know i need to get a move on getting the pool table out of there, but I am stuck with deciding how much to offer it for and what to say about it. It will require a bunch of burly people to get it out of here. Ads locally for pool tables in Craigslist are from 400-700 dollars. I need help or a nudge to do this!

#405413 - 10/20/10 04:35 AM Re: Clearing out Crafting Supplies [Re: jilly]

Gold Star Soulmate

Jilly - just take 2 photos of it, choose a price (lets say $550 to split your range in half), and list it. As is. See photo. If it's too much, people will ask you for less and you can decide from there!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Daily Meditation - 10pm EST
by Lisa Shea
09/19/14 06:05 PM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea
09/12/14 10:40 AM
BellaOnline Ebook Award
by Lisa Shea
09/09/14 01:16 PM
Aquarian Awakening - a Sci-Fi Romance
by Lisa Shea
09/06/14 08:50 AM
Flirting for Girls book
by Lisa Shea
09/04/14 06:48 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Support Charity
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site

origami wedding favors