RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
I met this guy online (not the same guy from my previous thread ^_^), chatted about a month then finally met in person mid May. Our first date went great, we had a lot to talk about. I could see him as a good friend, but maybe nothing more at the time. I was super busy that month so told him I could see him a month later after my finals. Within that month, we still texted once in a while to say hi. Fast forward to mid June we went on our 2nd date. We both had an amazing time, we shared a very passionate good-bye kiss at the end of the night. I thought he’s a very nice guy & especially a great gentleman. A week after that (last weekend), we had our 3rd date. This time we felt so much more comfortable with each other. I started to like him a lot more and we spent quite some time at his place in the end of the day. During our steamy, intimate moments, he told me he wanted to fvck me (sorry that’s the word he used). So I told him I only do that in very serious relationship (because we were not even officially exclusive at the time)...He then said “you know this is serious & you’re my girlfriend now”. My monthly cycle just ended at the time, so I told him I can't just yet. Besides, technically we only really dated for a week - because after the 1st date we barely contacted each other. We live about 40 minutes apart (with traffic at least 1 hr) so we only see each other on the weekends. Now what bothers me is that we barely have any kind of real communication. He doesn’t really call at all, he’d text me maybe at night....but then it takes him forever to reply so I get kinda discouraged. I know he’s not busy, because his routine at night is just watching TV/movies for HOURS. I’m not a nagging xxxxx or some clingy girlfriend at all. But in a relationship, I need to have some sort of communication (if not on the phone then texting is fine too, we both have unlimited texting)....Especially we’re just in the beginning of getting to know each other, and we only get to hang out once a week. None of my past relationships were like this at all, shoot I don't even feel like I have a boyfriend... I’m just having some doubts whether or not he’s interested in getting to know me. I thought he was a very genuine guy when we went out, but now I’m just not so sure anymore. Please share your thoughts, what do you think about him?

Last edited by PDM; 07/02/10 07:06 AM.

R.I.P SKY
2/19/08

My baby PEACE
Missing 7/3/09
frown
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello lagirl143 I am in my 50s, so maybe you will think that I am old-fashioned, but I cannot say that I would really call this a relationship. You contacted a stranger via the Internet. I know that it is possible to make friends online ~ we do it on here ~ but it can take a while. After one month you met for the first time and spent a relatively short amount of time together. After another month you spent a few more hours together ~ having texted a few times in the interim. A week later you met for a third time and things became quite intimate between you. I know that many people sleep together on the first date, but I wouldn't call that a relationship either. This is someone you have met three times. What do you really know about him? The 'f' word would usually be deleted, but I think that, in this case, it is really telling. After meeting you only three times, this is the word he uses to describe what he wants to do to you. He doesn't use a sharing term. He doesn't talk about making love. He uses a word that is banned on here as an obscenity to describe what he wants to do to you. He says that [i]you are his girlfriend now[/i]. Was that a suggestion, a simple description of how things are, or a command? It doesn't sound like a request. He's not very communicative. Do you know him well enough even to be sure how he meant it? Is this really how good relationships begin? [quote]But in a relationship, I need to have some sort of communication .......Especially we’re just in the beginning of getting to know each other, and we only get to hang out once a week.[/quote] You are right. [quote].... I don't even feel like I have a boyfriend...[/quote] Well, there's your answer. [quote]I’m just having some doubts whether or not he’s interested in getting to know me. I thought he was a very genuine guy when we went out, but now I’m just not so sure anymore.[/quote] If in doubt, tread very warily! He may turn out to be as nice and as genuine as you once thought, but your instincts are telling you to be wary ~ so be wary. This isn't the old-fashioned middle-aged Mum being over the top ~ this is your own conscience telling you to be careful. :)

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
P
P
PDM Edit: Vulgarity deleted

Last edited by PDM; 07/03/10 02:53 AM.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site