Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
That is awesome Jilly!

Here in my town people recycle almost 50% so I do think people are getting much better about recycling. The Staples takes recyclables. The Price Chopper takes recyclables. Even BestBuy takes in free e-recyclables. So it's everywhere!

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
Lisa, I really want to live in the Northeast where people are so open to taking care of the planet.

But then I don't want to leave this landscape i love, so here I stay.

So in the meantime, i will just encourage everyone i know to get better at recycling and reusing. :-) I can't even get my local aunt and uncle to recycle anything. Nothing at all - and they have a lot of beer cans and beer bottles they chuck.

Or my MIL in LA, who goes through a zillion cans of soda and small plastic water bottles a day.

This is just for example. They know how much it means to me to recycle and i love them, but it just isn't worth it to them to have an extra container in the kitchen for recyclables.

I walk around town here and am constantly rummaging though people's overflowing garbage to take things to recycling bins. I know change is happening, but it's really slow in some areas of the country.

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
More and more trash companies are doing the recycling themselves, so my hope is that that will spread across the country and then it won't matter what individual people do. It's in the trash company's best interest since they get an income flow for recyclables and an income hit for trash they have to bury.

Lisa Shea, Owner
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site