The Child Health Site
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#399607 - 04/24/10 08:31 PM Re: Donate Old Clothes to Charity [Re: jilly]
Lisa Shea Offline

Silver Star Soulmate

Loc: US
That is awesome Jilly!

Here in my town people recycle almost 50% so I do think people are getting much better about recycling. The Staples takes recyclables. The Price Chopper takes recyclables. Even BestBuy takes in free e-recyclables. So it's everywhere!

Add Re: Donate Old Clothes to Charity to Twitter Add Re: Donate Old Clothes to Charity to Facebook Add Re: Donate Old Clothes to Charity to MySpace Add Re: Donate Old Clothes to Charity to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Donate Old Clothes to Charity Add Re: Donate Old Clothes to Charity to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Donate Old Clothes to Charity to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Donate Old Clothes to Charity to Stumbleupon Add Re: Donate Old Clothes to Charity to Reddit
#399616 - 04/24/10 08:48 PM Re: Donate Old Clothes to Charity [Re: Lisa Shea]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

Loc: beneath the rim of the Colorad...
Lisa, I really want to live in the Northeast where people are so open to taking care of the planet.

But then I don't want to leave this landscape i love, so here I stay.

So in the meantime, i will just encourage everyone i know to get better at recycling and reusing. :-) I can't even get my local aunt and uncle to recycle anything. Nothing at all - and they have a lot of beer cans and beer bottles they chuck.

Or my MIL in LA, who goes through a zillion cans of soda and small plastic water bottles a day.

This is just for example. They know how much it means to me to recycle and i love them, but it just isn't worth it to them to have an extra container in the kitchen for recyclables.

I walk around town here and am constantly rummaging though people's overflowing garbage to take things to recycling bins. I know change is happening, but it's really slow in some areas of the country.

Add Re: Donate Old Clothes to Charity to Twitter Add Re: Donate Old Clothes to Charity to Facebook Add Re: Donate Old Clothes to Charity to MySpace Add Re: Donate Old Clothes to Charity to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Donate Old Clothes to Charity Add Re: Donate Old Clothes to Charity to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Donate Old Clothes to Charity to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Donate Old Clothes to Charity to Stumbleupon Add Re: Donate Old Clothes to Charity to Reddit
#399619 - 04/24/10 08:52 PM Re: Donate Old Clothes to Charity [Re: jilly]
Lisa Shea Offline

Silver Star Soulmate

Loc: US
More and more trash companies are doing the recycling themselves, so my hope is that that will spread across the country and then it won't matter what individual people do. It's in the trash company's best interest since they get an income flow for recyclables and an income hit for trash they have to bury.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Daily Meditation - 10pm EST
by Lisa Shea
04/08/14 05:56 PM
Walking for Fitness
by Lisa Shea
04/03/14 02:30 PM
Love is Patient, Love is Kind Origami Lotus
by Lisa Shea
04/03/14 09:53 AM
Learn Klingon from Rosetta Stone!
by Lisa Shea
04/01/14 11:18 AM
Forgiveness
by Lisa Shea
03/27/14 02:34 PM
Go a Day Without Complaining
by Lisa Shea
03/27/14 01:07 PM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea
03/27/14 12:48 PM
Fountain to Relieve Stress
by Lisa Shea
03/23/14 07:33 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Support Charity
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site

origami wedding favors