Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#394131 - 01/25/10 06:02 PM Re: What Do You Hoard? [Re: jilly]
Lisa Shea Offline

Silver Star Soulmate

Loc: US
Jilly - have you looked the dental books up on Amazon? Are they in there? Why not list them with a high price and see if you get any emails about them?

Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to Twitter Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to Facebook Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to MySpace Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What Do You Hoard? Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to Stumbleupon Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to Reddit
#395600 - 02/15/10 03:20 AM Re: What Do You Hoard? [Re: Lisa Shea]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

Loc: beneath the rim of the Colorad...
I will take a look at doing that, and look into Abe Books as well, I think.

Every time I move (which is a LOT) I have to face the things I hoard. I am confident that I now have enough ideas to get the books under control. The next thing I am looking into is my antiques. There was a period of about five years when I kept buying them from thrift stores with the intent to sell them elsewhere for profit.

Somewhere along the line I realized I LOVE to buy things but am terrible at selling. I don't enjoy it at all. So now I have all this stuff. It feels wasteful financially to just bring them to goodwill.

Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to Twitter Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to Facebook Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to MySpace Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What Do You Hoard? Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to Stumbleupon Add Re: What Do You Hoard? to Reddit
#397692 - 03/25/10 08:47 PM Re: What Do You Hoard? [Re: jilly]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

Sigh. I am hoarding books again. I don't think I should be traveling with so many in the RV...but it makes me feel better to have them around. I love the idea of having so many wonderful choices to enjoy and learn from.

#397757 - 03/27/10 01:29 AM Re: What Do You Hoard? [Re: jilly]
Lisa Shea Offline

Silver Star Soulmate

Ah but keep in mind that MANY books are available on the web now. SO you can read them - and they're not taking up any space!

All the classics are at your fingertips!

#397772 - 03/27/10 02:45 AM Re: What Do You Hoard? [Re: Lisa Shea]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

True. But it's a thing. I like actual books, their physicality. Also, with many parks, bandwidth and connections will be an issue.

#397775 - 03/27/10 03:37 AM Re: What Do You Hoard? [Re: jilly]
Lisa Shea Offline

Silver Star Soulmate

Ah but once you find books you enjoy, you simply put them onto your computer! Then you have them all the time!

Yes I understand having physical books smile But you don't need thousands of them, just your favorites smile

#397799 - 03/27/10 12:33 PM Re: What Do You Hoard? [Re: Lisa Shea]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: UK
I 'hoard' books. I have thousands. I do so love books, but they can take up a lot of space. I love the computer, but I can't read a book from a screen.

#397806 - 03/27/10 03:59 PM Re: What Do You Hoard? [Re: PDM]
jilly Offline
Best Friend

I don't have books I have read around, except special cases like LOTR. These are books I have yet to read or use as reference.

Also, i am just not going to put books on the computer. I hate reading in the computer. I sit here all day long for work and NO way will I sit here for my time off. :-)

i am like PDM, and Giles in Buffy and Picard in Star Trek - give me books, not more of this infernal machine. :-)

I know that having this many books in the RV is an issue for over weighting, but my plan is to read things, then sell them/give away to RV park libraries.

So as i read things, they will pass from my life, unless I need them for reference.

Along these lines, and I know this is weird, but I can't use the computer like others do for rote tasks. I need to have printouts or a manual to refer to - switching between computer tabs is mentally draining and frustrating for me. I am sure it's part of my brain chemistry. At least I know this about myself! :-)

#397813 - 03/27/10 05:19 PM Re: What Do You Hoard? [Re: jilly]
Lisa Shea Offline

Silver Star Soulmate

I agree that it can be hard to read from a monitor - but how about the Kindle? Where it's just like holding a page in your hand, but it's easier to read and turn the pages?

#397818 - 03/27/10 08:16 PM Re: What Do You Hoard? [Re: Lisa Shea]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: UK
I don't really know much about Kindle, but I like to sit on my settee and curl up with a book. I do read articles, etc, online ~ quite a lot, actually, and even books sometimes ~ but if I want to really study them and digest them, I print them off to read on paper smile

Edited by PDM (03/27/10 08:17 PM)

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Daily Meditation - 10pm EST
by Lisa Shea
04/08/14 05:56 PM
Walking for Fitness
by Lisa Shea
04/03/14 02:30 PM
Love is Patient, Love is Kind Origami Lotus
by Lisa Shea
04/03/14 09:53 AM
Learn Klingon from Rosetta Stone!
by Lisa Shea
04/01/14 11:18 AM
Forgiveness
by Lisa Shea
03/27/14 02:34 PM
Go a Day Without Complaining
by Lisa Shea
03/27/14 01:07 PM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea
03/27/14 12:48 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Support Charity
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site

origami wedding favors