RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#391591 12/15/09 07:13 PM
N
OP Offline
N
I need help.. I am in a situation where I have dated this guy for two years and deep down I love him but I dont feel it, I feel like hes my best friend, I am uninterested in having sex with him, he will never grow up. Yet this guy is very nice, we enjoy the same humor, and I love his family. We live in a small town where I feel I can never break up and I just have this heart breaking feeling hes just not for me and I dont wanna have regrets in never feeling that perfect love. Now the situation is a friend of almost two years and I have hung out - not done anything - and I am starting to fall for him hard. I cant stop thinking about him and he gives me that giddy feeling. They are polar opposites.

Logically - my boyfriend will have good career, I shouldnt leave a good family, he will be a good husband, He is a good man and doesnt drink which i love. Family loves him
- my friend has ok career, will be both good dad / husband, but drinks occassionally. Family would be less likely to accept a new face

Feelings - I dont feel like my boyfriends the one, I am bored and lonely, I feel sad, even tho I shouldnt
- my friend will make me happy and I love him,

How do I know what to do Its getting to the point where Ive actually almost considered cheating just to see - but I cant.

I want someone that makes me happy but I want certianty

please

BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
Welcome to the forum. First of all don't cheat. That will hurt you, your boyfriend and your friend.

Can you take a break in your relationship. Are you engaged, have you made marriage plans.

Concerning your statement "my friend will make me happy and I love him"

No one can make you happy. That is totally your gig. If you are looking for someone to make you happy get a puppy, don't look to a man to do that. You can be happy WITH a man, but you are the one that makes you happy.

Do a pro/con list. List all the things about your boyfriend that you consider important and all the things you don't like. Do the same with your friend. This is an excellent way to look at both of them.

You didn't say how old you are, but it sounds like you need some time to find yourself, before you find someone else. Again, possibly you can take a break from your boyfriend. The problem with your situation is that you are romaticising how you think it "will be" with your friend; and you know how it is with your boyfriend.

Last edited by BLR; 12/15/09 07:56 PM.
BLR #391595 12/15/09 08:08 PM
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
IMO, one should NOT settle. If you can't stand the thought of not being with him, I think you should wait. If education and/or career can take you away from that small town for a while, it might be a good way to grow as a person and establish your own identity and comfort zone. And, and some point, you will meet someone who is both a friend and inspires passion.

You CAN have it all, IMO.

Marge is the love of my life.
Carl #391611 12/16/09 12:31 AM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi navygirl smile

BLR & Carl make some very good points.

It sounds as if you love your current boyfriend, but are not in love with him.

Yes, if you break up it will be a big thing, but is it fair on either of you to pretend that you are in love with him, if you are not?

The people who count here are those involved ~ so, though I understand your concerns about friends & family, what they think isn't really the issue.

Be fair on your boyfriend. Don't cheat. Be honest.

Perhaps take some time out from relationships, altogether, to give yourself time & space to evaluate the situation.

I hope that it will work out well for all involved. Good luck smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site