RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
That is great, Jilly, I think we have found your perfect meditation combination!

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
jilly Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
J
YAY, i did manage to get in a 28 minute run. That felt nice.

I think i will keep aiming for five minutes a day, and if i feel good for ten, I will move into that. I at least need to make this a habit. :-)

Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
Yup exactly - don't push it. Increment slowly when you feel ready to increment. Plus your running counts as meditation too! Many people report getting the "runner's high" after 20 minutes, which is the exact same as the post-20-minute meditation high smile

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
jilly Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
J
I don't get a runner's high since I run so slowly. But I do feel happy and serene while I am out there. It's my personal time away - my "Cone of Silence."

Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
Jilly - I'm not sure a runner's high is exactly about speed. I'm not a runner so I don't have first hand knowledge of it, but from the people I talk to it is more about time. Whatever speed they're going, whatever route they're doing, after about 20 minutes their mind just tunes into what they are doing. It takes them that long to get through the initial whirl of thoughts and all of that, and to just feel the breath going in and out.

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I still haven't felt the "runner's high" but it is a goal I aim for!

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
My meditation right now is the guided meditation that comes with the Leela software. My life is so incredibly hectic with my current whirlwind of projects that just sitting still allows my mind to go off wildly in too many directions. I have to have the guided voice to stay on track and not do that.

Right now is just insane - my next book coming out, Mused coming out, my classes, a giant email backlog, and much more. I can barely breathe. But I know I have to take these meditation breaks in order to even slightly focus. So I am doing my best. I am hoping step by step I can begin to catch up.

Just today (well Wed) I realized with a panic that I had classwork done by Wed night and hadn't started any of it. I am almost completely overwhelmed. So I'm struggling to stay on one step at a time to get through this. I am trying to prune down every extra email message I can - but unfortunately one of my managers just went on break and I need to cover for her. So I'll do the best I can.

Lisa Shea, Owner
I
Gold Star Soulmate
Gold Star Soulmate
I
well your classes are certainly important if time based...the rest can wait ...its a question of how much pressure are you putting on yourself and how much is real pressure...just remember if its not a matter of life and death it can wait a bit...unless you have placed deadlines on yourself. smile

think like what happened with the shed...it waited...just drove you crazy because thats a pressure you placed on yourself...yep it sure did need to be done and it waiting a long time again...placing more pressure on you...when at some point you should of just said the heck with it...its not killing anyone BUT ME.

as far as meditation ...i was where you were once...then was shown how to use more natural forms of guidance...listening to your breath as you breathe in and out...feeling it on your upper lip...and listening to your own heart beat...feel the texture of the things on you and around you and ENJOY them...the air on your skin and if outside the breeze and sounds ...etc...when doing this you notice very quickly if you should become distracted and can immediately pull yourself back to where you want to be.

it is always best to have control of yourself rather than someone have that control for you.

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 02/02/12 10:30 PM.
J
jilly Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
J
I think Illusive is exactly right here - there is real pressure that comes from danger and hardship, and then there is pressure we put on ourselves.

I try to remind myself of this every time something frustrates me.

Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
The main pressures on me right now are all external.

These classes cost money, and are teaching me valuable skills I want to learn. So I want to benefit for the time period I have them. They start on X day and end on Y day - I can only work within those.

The Mused magazine has set deadlines. The items have to be done within those timelines.

The book is publicized to launch on February 14th. Everything is set for that. So it needs to be ready.

The email messages have to be taken care of. That is what pays the bills to keep this site running. Either I process those emails in a timely fashion and keep the income rolling or the site shuts down.

So I need to find a way to manage it.

The steel issue was more a frustration with depending on Bob and feeling let down.

Lisa Shea, Owner
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site