That sounds like a good system, Lisa. Is this a kind of Ikea bin, or something you'd see at Target? Is it plastic?
Tweetymom, I found another brass box and added it to my brass/copper bin.
What I have going right now is a line of round buckets in the kitchen area. I have a trash bin that I try to not put things into. I have a covered compost bucket near the trash bin.
Then close by there are these:
- the glass and plastic redemption bucket
- the paper recycling bucket
- the mixed recyclables bucket (whatever doesn't fall into any other category)
- the GoodWill Donations Bucket
- a small glass jar I toss my found golf balls into that I keep in the livingroom. When that is full I will recycle those too.
Then outside under the porch I have a small container for my brass, steel and copper findings, and several HUGE bins for aluminum cans. I have about five or six large overflowing bins of cans, waiting for me to drive over the hill and deal with.
I also have the compost pile in the backyard behind the shed.