Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
That is an interesting idea on the feeder scanner. I have heard you mention that before. At some point i will look into that - it would make my life easier.

Livestock, hehe, baby blue. I could easily end up a pet hoarder if i am not careful.

BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
baby blue - how wonderful to see you.

I also find it hard to get rid of books, so I guess that is hoarding.

I have gone thru a spell here lately of riding my life of clutter. I have been working on the premise that "just because I have had it a long time does not make it valuable, just old" it helps.

BLR #408134 01/14/11 05:34 AM
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I conceptually like the idea of tons of pets, but realistically I like to have only 4 of a given pet. That way I can give a great deal of individual attention to each one. I do also have a 24 hour a day job plus a full time college coursework load though, so I'm sure other people might have more pet playing time than I do!

I am very much trying my best to reduce the clutter in my house, to donate as much as I can to charity.

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
I think i have to admit i was hoarding pets around the time when I ran a popular fish forum. I had four dogs but multiple dozens of fishes.

Caring for that many fish tanks was extremely time consuming. I kept my fish clean and happy but i also wonder if i was a little insane with my fish obsession. smile

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I may be biased but I think many people keep lots of fish and you count those by the tank-load. I.e. if I had a large saltwater tank with 30 fish in them - almost required in some cases because the fish need a school to feel content - then I would consider that one big pet. I wouldn't consider it 30 pets.

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
Ah, but i had something like 30 or 50 tanks! smile

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Hmmmm. OK, 50 tanks is far beyond what I was imagining. I would have to say that 50 tanks is a bit more than what the average pet owner has. smile

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
A lot of those were single-fish tanks. My bettas were single fishes and i had dozens of those. My killifish was also single. I had my south american cichlid tanks, my guppy tanks, my goldfish tanks and some mixed tropical tanks. My isolation tanks were single tanks that ebbed and flowed with quarantined fishies.

I miss my guppies - I was breeding a very interesting variety and i loved the constant babies. And I miss my goldfish tank, which had freshwater clams and apple snails in it. Those were awesome.

I know better than to have fish now. My life is not stable enough. And there is no room in the RV.

The two cats and one dog is probably as much as I should have, but i would like to have a large dog. And another kitten to replace William.

I have to be really careful not to add more pets to my little brand of crazy. Maybe if the Oklahoma thing happens I can have the large dog and some more cats. Plus chickens! And maybe two fish tanks... wink

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I did adore fish tanks when we had them, but we only had four I think. A really big salt water one, a medium size fresh water one and then two smaller ones. They were very relaxing and serene.

With our hours and schedule we would not do well with a dog. Who knows when we will be awake or asleep or at home. We need I think to stick with cats and birds, who can use their rest rooms on their own.

Lisa Shea, Owner
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
Jilly, what Oklahoma thing????

BTW you dont want chickens unless you have acreage.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site