RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Yes definitely I also highly recommend Paperbackswap.com. You cycle out the books you've already read, knowing they are going to a good new home! If you ever want to read it again, you just request it from a member and it shows up at your door.

I am still working on my "book problem". My office has stacks of books all over the floor. I am making progress though. I just have to get Penguin to stop sending me piles of free books. I've called them at least 8 times already and left messages. I've sent them tons of email messages. I just don't get why they are ignoring my requests.

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
I think they are ignoring you because you are doing such a bang up job of disbursing the books for them to people who will publish reviews. smile

I am salivating over the thought of all those unwanted books in your office. I have this fantasy of shopping in there.

MW1 Offline
Companion
Companion
BOOKS!!! Thankfully, I just got an Amazon Kindle 3 - which can hold up to 3500 books on it at a time and if you run out of room on the Kindle you can remove it from the Kindle but always download it again if you want to. I'm in love. smile

MW1 #405463 10/21/10 06:54 AM
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
LOL Jilly you already get my paperbackbook credits smile Free books drift their way into your life!

I'm using a book right now as a placemat under my bowl of soup. That's how bad it is.

OK, must think positive and encouragingly. Right this moment I will email 5 editors about 5 books.

OK done. I have 6 books by my desk with orange stickies on them, with who I offered them to and the date. Hopefully I'll get some replies soon!

Lisa Shea, Owner
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
MW1 - I have an original Kindle and I really enjoy it. It sits right on the treadmill so I can easily read things while I walk! It works MUCH better in that regard than a magazine or a book does.

My problem is if I'm not on the treadmill that I have so many books piled all over that have to be read that I can't "waste" my reading time not reading one of those. The key really is to make progress on these book piles.

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
I do have the Kindle app on my iphone and I really enjoy the idea that i can have any book i want (almost), at any time. I do like reading on my phone. I do not find it too small at all.

LOL, Lisa, you are right. Free books do find me! I love having your PBS credits. Good on for for emailing about five books.

J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
One thing I have a problem with is papers. I am always holding onto random papers and brochures and article ripped out of magazines, just in case i need them.

J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
I did want to add that I have spent the last few days organizing which books are going to stay here in Serenity (my RV) with me. I am pleased that I made a lot of extra space for myself by moving excess books into the house and out of my RV living space.

Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Dear Jilly -

That is wonderful that you are organizing your world! I find it makes me much more serene to have my world organized. It is easier to find things, I am not tripping over things, and I have a better sense of being able to reach my goals.

For papers, I highly recommend you get an easy to use feeder scanner. One you can just stick papers into one after another. It makes it incredibly easy to scan everything while you watch a movie and then you recycle the paper. You have all that valuable information in an easy to search and use way.

Lisa Shea, Owner
B
Soulmate
Soulmate
B
books, books and books. i would extend that to budgies too but mom says "no more livestock in the house...6 are enough!!"

baby blue
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site