Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
I live in a Class A motorhome, so it is CRUCIAL for me to not have too much stuff. I so quickly get buried, and I have a natural tendancy to hoard things. I am liking more and more the idea of taking EVERYTHING OUT and seeing only what I really want to have in here. And the rest - sell or donate.

Last edited by jilly; 11/05/09 05:15 AM.
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
Jilly, you are truly amazing. I cannot even imagine reducing my contents into a motorhome. I'm having trouble just reducing it into a well organized home. You deserve a lot of credidt for what you've achieved!

I find a one-part-of-the-room approaches well for me. I focus on one area and get IT clean. I am finally making some progress on the living room!

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
Thank you for the support, Lisa! I will get it all under control. I even have a master plan now. I am working out the details but I look forward to sharing it with people soon.

That is great about the living room! You have more space - try to protect it. smile Nature hates a vacuum. wink

My mother actually just begged me to give most of the excess of my storage things to goodwill, rather than trying to sell them, for my sanity. She offered to send me the money I might have earned on them instead. It is a very appealing offer, but I do not know if I can do that.

Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
LOL I know Jilly, I was even thinking that, that I wondered what would "drift" into this open space. Things have a way of doing that!

That's a very interesting idea about Goodwill. That would be a donation of a lifetime.

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
I am slowly trying to work on my mother's offer. At this point my car is full of things to donate that I was thinking I could sell. I really need to buck up and take them to Goodwill.

My car is also full of recyclables, since this park does not have a bin at all.

So my little station wagon is crammed with stuff and looks terrible. lol. When I am done with my coffee (i just woke up), I will make myself go take care of things. Then I will work on the next batch of things to 'not sell.'

It is so hard for me. It's as if I have this terrible Depression-era mentality that I might need something, or be able to wring a dollar out of something, so it is wrong to not hold onto things.

Last edited by jilly; 11/08/09 10:26 PM.
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
Jilly - you must set things free into the universe so that the universe can then send things back to you.

Trust in your friends and family. Let go of the little things, so that big rewards can flow back to you. You have plenty of other things that you can sell, you don't need what's in that car.

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
Update - I brought my carload of stuff to Goodwill and I found a place to drop off my recyclables. So that all worked out.

I even found out that the Goodwill items that don't sell end up at shelters for abused women, and then the leftovers from that are sent overseas to countries in need. So that makes me feel better in many ways - I am not just giving things to Goodwill to make money from, but I am helping other charities at the same dropoff point.

Lisa, it makes a ton of sense to release things and trust in the universe/friends/family. But not so easy to actually do it. smile I will keep chipping away at this and remind myself to trust, trust, trust.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I am a terrible hoarder.
Some things are worth keeping for their sentimental value, others because they are useful, but too much hoarding can be depressing.
I must sort my stuff out.
Trouble is, I often miss something, or find a use for something, as soon as I have got rid of it.

Last edited by PDM; 11/23/09 04:13 PM. Reason: typo

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
That is *awesome* news Jilly! I am sure you feel more free after that! Congratulations smile

PDM - I imagine you strongly remember the few times you do need something - but don't remember the 99% of the time that you don't need the item again. If you really do need something that 1% of the time, then you can get a new one and still come out ahead smile

For sentimental things, take a photo! Make it your desktop background. Then you can always see it smile The actual item can go on to a fresh start!

Lisa Shea, Owner
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: Lisa Shea
....For sentimental things, take a photo! ....

I actually do that, sometimes, but a photo is not always the same ~ by any means. smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site