RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#376615 07/22/09 03:24 PM
C
OP Offline
C
SO, im having a serious problem...2 weeks ago, i broke up with my boyfriend. I really didnt have a reason to. I was fustrated that he was so busy this summer that he didnt have time for me. You see, he's been having football and wrestling practice. He will be playing varsity football next month when school starts. I don have a problem with him doing sports..its just that he never found time to talk to me. We started goin out on May 17, 2009 and its been like magic. We fell hard in love with each other. So one day 2 weeks ago, I called his cell phone wanting to talk to him and his cousin picked up his phone. I told him that i wanted to talk to my man and he neva gave him the phone. So i instantly thought that Marquis (my boyfriend) didnt want to talk to me so he gave his cousin the phone to deal with it. That was the last straw to my patience. So right after, I broke up with him. He took it badly! That night he said he still was in love with me, but he was really upset. Not only did i feel guilty, but also i felt so stupid. I didnt want to break up with him...AT ALL. I thought that mentionning a break-up will make him focus more on me. Pretty lame huh? I started to remember why i fell in love with him and realized that i dont want our relationship to end. During our realtionship, he said he was in love with me first, he said that i was the best girlfriend he's had, and he thinks about having a future with me.And he said that im his "high-school sweetheart".
So remembering all these things made me cry alot! I called the day after our break-up and he wouldnt answer me. He would pick it up, press numbers on the phone then hang up. For the past week, he's been doin that. I did get to talk to him through sms. I asked him "can we get back together?" and he keeps on saying "I dunno. Its jus gonna be so hard for me." Did i break his heart? So, lately i've been giving him space...i sent hiim a letter through mail and he hasnt talked to me ever since. I tried calling him last night, but he didnt pick up. He doesnt hang up on me anymore.
After all we have gotten through, i don think its time for a break-up yet. I need answers:
Did i break his heart?
Why has he been not answering back to my emails, txts and calls (he reads and listens to them, but he doesnt answer back)?
Does he still Love me?
I know he's sensitive and a very quiet guy (reasons why his relationships in the past didnt work out), would he find another girlfriend by now and the 1st day of school?
Should I give him space to think until the 1st day of school?
How can I get him back?

It wud be greatly appreciated if i can have these questions answered.
Thank you so much!!!

B
Soulmate
Soulmate
B
i wish i could help you dear, but my knowedge is limited and i don't want to say something that would be the wrong advice. i do wish you the best of luck though. smile

baby blue
I have a few questions about this whole thing... First of all, did you ever really tell him and explain to him how you were feeling to begin with? Did you let him know that not having any time with him was really bothering you?

Did you explain to him what happened with his cousin and the whole phone incident? That it was a mistake and, because of the stress you had been going through recently, that you panicked and made a poor decision, jumping to conclusions?

Its quite possible that he might be thinking its all his fault in the long run, perhaps why he's taking it so badly. Though.. I have to wonder how truly close you guys were to one another, and perhaps that you actually knew how each other would react to a situation like this.

Last edited by Silverdragon; 07/22/09 06:28 PM.
C
OP Offline
C
I told him that he wasnt spending enough time with me...we were talking about it that whole week before the break up. I told him the incident about his cousin...
I explained myself to him...we were really close. We would sit next to each other all the time. In Geometry class he would look across the classroom just to smile and say things to me, he would always walk me to my class, he stook up for me, he liked holding my hand, his kisses were passionate, he would always look me deeply in the eye, He loved touchin me (includin my face), when we did talk he was very flirty, i convinced him to get an email account so we could chat online, he met my siblings, he came over my house, he was in my bed, i help him with his homework, we flirt alot, we hugged each other. He's the best boyfriend ive had so far and im not ready to end it with him.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello c.cohen12 & hello Silverdragon ~ welcome to you both. smile smile

I think that Silverdragon's responses sounded very helpful, but it seems that you have already done what was suggested, C.cohen, so this is difficult

Yes, I think that maybe you could have broken his heart and possibly even dented his ego.

If you are in high school, then I presume that you are both teenagers ~ and the teenage years can be very emotional ones.

He may feel sad that he wasn't what you wanted, and feels that he cannot change.
He may feel angry that you behaved as you did.
He may feel guilty that he didn't pay you attention.
He may feel confused about how he feels now and what he wants.
He may feel betrayed or distraught or any other negative emotion.

It seems that you both care a lot about each other, but still managed to upset each other.

Maybe, if you really have got something special, time will heal the rift and you will be able to sort things out.
I hope so. Good luck! smile

Last edited by PDM; 07/22/09 10:48 PM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site