RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Unfortunately, not really. I have to stick around and work for the English department, write my thesis, etc. I'm going to have to make an active effort not to see them for a while, I guess. Maybe I'll spend more time at my mom's house in Omaha - only 40 minutes away. Good advice, though.

"O Westmoreland, Thou art a summer bird."
-Henry IV, Part ii, William Shakespeare

OP Offline
Also, PDM, may I ask where you're from, exactly? It says your locale is the UK Midlands - three years ago I studied for a term at Lancaster University and have a severe and nearly obsessive love-affair with England. I've been back since to go backpacking, and I really hope I'll be able to go back again this summer. Your photo of the cliffs reminds me of my backpacking trip! So beautiful!

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi Katie Sue. smile

'The Midlands' is the area right in the middle of England, while Lancaster is 'up North', as we sometimes say.

I took that photo of 'the white cliffs of Dover' from the ferry on our return from a holiday in France & Spain.

I'm glad you like England. smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Soulmate
Soulmate
This might seem off the wall but I am going to put it out there.

You said you hated to be alone. Then you explained your dilema with the feelings that you have for both of these "boys".

You strike me as a very goal oriented woman with an eye on her future. You sound educated and like you know where your going and what you want out of life.

Your real future is years away. By the time your education if over and you have time to devote to a real relationship and all that involves, you will probably be interested in a entirely different kind of "man" not boy. I realize that may have only been a verbal reference but perhaps it is a little telling.

Has it occured to you that your real dilemma is not being content to be alone. If you can turn down the burner a little and be content with your own company and your life and your plans perhaps you will find that the right relationship will come into your life when you are "really" ready for it.

Just as sex complicates a relationship and changes it a relationship can complicate life and change it. Sometimes the best thing we can do for ourselves is wait to complicate our lives.

Cookie and Sweetie
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
I spent too many years with a man I thought loved me, while I loved him too dearly. We are not together any longer. After we split I heard he had gone "down hill". His standards were never the same as mine after all. After wasting so many years on the wrong one, I am with the right one who was always there for me, always my dearest friend. He waited! I am blessed beyond belief. Go with your heart. Also, timing is everything. Good luck, and listen to your heart. It never lies!

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: joandboys
Has it occured to you that your real dilemma is not being content to be alone. ...

I think that this may be playing a part, too.

Good Friend
Good Friend
I dated a man back when I was in collage.

He made me quit collage and I had no more education until I went back to school.

I've always home-schooled my daughter.

You shouldn't date ANY MAN in collage. I don't care how nice he is in his heart. My first husband was that way. He got me to quit collage and acted too nice and then I knew what was going on. I have had a new husband ever since.

Birds - Missy & Dixie
Fish - Chai-Chai

smile
OP Offline
I can assure you that college has nothing to do with it. I've already completed my Bachelor's degree, which I did while I was with J, and just finished my first year of my Master's degree. No man, no matter how good, would convince me to jeopardize my education and career. A "good" man wouldn't ask that of me.

I have been working a lot lately on being alone. For the first time in many years, I'm actually sleeping alone in my bed, which is quite an adjustment but one I'm growing used to more and more each day.

This is still something I struggle with, each and every day. I know it's a matter of time, though. I know at some point in time my true feelings will become more clear to me, and it will simply be a matter of me finding the courage to hurt someone I love (whether it be one or both of them).

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: Katie Sue
... I know at some point in time my true feelings will become more clear to me ...

You are probably right.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site