RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
Hi everyone! Yup, Ashes is back and kinda worried about her mental health XD. Just kidding. I just find it weird to be posting in this particular section.

So here's my situation:

One of my so-called 'best friends' told everyone last week Friday that she and another girl were going to spend the afternoon with my crush. Now, I found this quite humiliating and her whole attitude said: "I'm spending the afternoon with him and not you."

Now I refuse to talk to her because she also told all of my 'enemies' at school and gave them an excuse to have a go at me. I'd rather shut up than say anything I will regret.

So, yesterday during one of my classes, my teacher put me and two of my other best friends into a group with my crush and two other boys. Now this girl said that I was smiling the whole time and pointing it to everyone. She even got two guys laughing at me.

Later that day I asked her why she was being such a 'witch' and she told me that I haven't even seen half of it.

I didn't go to class, but when I went back and came out, I heard two of my 'enemies' say: "Ok, now we're square" amongst them.

What am I to do? My best friend is not my best friend any more. And what about my crush? Am I to forget about him? And what is her goal?

"My name is my law"
Soulmate
Soulmate
You just learned a very important life lesson. This girl was never your best friend. She is two faced and you will now be more careful about who you let into your circle of friendship. Better to have a lot of aquaintances your friendly with than one good friend who turns out to be not so good.

By the way, I think she likes your crush and so therefore is out to make you look stupid.

There are a few rules to follow when something like this happens.

1. Don't stoop to their level. Walk away rather than let them ridicule you. They will only look rude and stand out even more prominantly if you act like a lady and don't take the bait.

If your crush was worth your feelings in the first place, he will not fall for the stupidity and will see what they are doing.

2. Be cheerful and laugh and don't let them see it is getting to you.

3. Don't associate with the best friend as she was never your best friend anyway. Don't tell anyone what you think about her, as she will be trying to see if she is getting to you.

4. Do something cool like throw a party or get together for your other friends, they are followers and they will realize you are nice and not believe her. It will show them that life goes on and you are not affected.

Basically the best revenge is letting them know that you are not affected and you will only look good to your crush. If he isn't impressed and prefers to hang out with your ex good friend, then find a new crush. You can't change what you can't change. Be yourself and be proud.

Cookie and Sweetie
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
Thanks for the advice, but she knows she got to me. I burst into tears (privately) the last time this happened. I've just overcome my biggest problem and because of it, I'm a bit sensitive now.

"My name is my law"
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
We're all only human and if our best friend lets us fown, then we are bound to be upset ~ especially if boys are involved. Something similar happened to me, when I was in my teens.

But Jo's advice is good. Try to rise above the immature silliness and it will be better for you. smile

Last edited by PDM; 04/23/09 01:01 AM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
Thanks a lot! But I'm trying to let me crush go. I mean, I still like him, but I'm trying to lower the intensity. My philosophy is that if he wants to be more then friends, that's ok. if he just wants to be friends, that's also ok

"My name is my law"
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
That sounds good smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site