I have been somewhat I guess you would call friends with this guy.Im 27 and he is 28 you would think at this age games would not be such a big issue, but apparently they are.

Him and I attempted to date before 3 years ago and I had really strong feelings for him, but he was in a relationship that after 3 months he admitted to me he was in I told him off and it was over till now as I just moved back to my hometown about 8 months ago. My ex gave him hell for talking to me and really hurt his feelings so we didnt talk for a year. I apologized and apparently started the somewhat spark we had again.

So I started spending alot of time at his place hanging out playing video games, watching movies, spending the night, and talking about everything. He cannot have sex so its not an issue as he is a wheelchair which does not bother me at all, because its my feelings for him and I usually dont follow them. Generally Im always interested in sex, but this time its all on an emotional level which I have only felt for one boyfriend in my early 20's.

I generally spend the night whenever he calls me to come over and cuddle and yes he uses those words. So we talked about him and I and he told me he doesnt believe he could ever have feelings for me in a relationship so I see other people which he does not know about. Well then he told me another time he called me the same thing. Then he went home for easter and came back and has been calling me everyday just seeing how I'am. So I told him how angry I was the other day about this situation and if he didnt like me to let me go I cant deal with this emotional stress and games. He told me he did like me in fact he loves me, cares about me, and missed me when he went home for break. He just cant understand why I cant be patient and that I needed to learn some patience. What is he talking about? Patience? I want him to like me for me not what he wants me to be..What is he waiting for? We both have discussed having very high walls due to being hurt so many times.

So I went 2 weeks without going over and seeing him and the other night I finally went over and he started talking about how he felt and I kinda gave him the cold shoulder as for fear he is gonna tell me again he cant care about me in a relationship.

All my friends keep telling me this is going to end very badly and I have even warned him that this is eventually going to destroy our very good friendship if it continues to be a cuddling all the time with feelings friend. As I want more and he knows it. He keeps asking me why do I care about him so much? That he doesnt deserve someone like me.

So my question is what is he talking about patience? And does he want to be with me or does he just want friends and every once in awhile a cuddling companion? Or is he trying to convince himself that he could never like someone like me?