Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#344272 12/29/08 10:17 PM
R
rbm Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I had been dating this girl for a few months over the summer and we had a long distance relationship for the past 2 months when I went back to school. the other night when we talked she told me that she thinks she likes someone of the same sex but that she still feels strongly about me. She didn't want to tell me because she thought I would look at her differently. she took a big chance telling me this. When I think about her I still just see all the things I loved about her in the first place. She knows how I feel about her and that I care about her so much I just want her to be happy, even if it means it doesn't involve me.
I can tell shes confused and of course I am too. I don't know if I should give her time to try and figure things out or what I should do.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Regular
Regular
i think that i would tell her that you still love her for her and that this new info doesnt bother you (if it doesnt) and give her time to think about things after that..

How long distance was it just out of curiosity :-D

Last edited by Brittanie; 12/29/08 10:22 PM.
R
rbm Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: Brittanie
How long distance was it just out of curiosity :-D

about 700 miles -VA to Vermont

Regular
Regular
kk..
smile i was jc.. :-D
hope the advice helps.. soon you will have many other posts on here.. count on it smile
also curious .. if you want to tell.. no obligation i swear..
how old are you both?
JC ;-D

R
rbm Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: Brittanie

how old are you both?
JC ;-D

I am 20 and shes 17. The age difference is not a concern to the family's involved and other people that matter and I've always been grateful that people have felt this way.

Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
do u know if she has ever felt this way b4 u got with her?
i do believe that she could be confused. just being away from u for a while and needing your attention may have turned her a different way as well, just seeking affection. i am not sure of this of course. but being in a military relationship i sure know about that myself. long distance relationships are hard no matter who u r....

i know that some ppl find out later in life how they feel about their own sexuality. i know myself being 30 just realized that i am also attracted to the same sex. have not made a move on it tho. my hubby knows and does not care if i do. but of course i only want to be with him. he would accept me however i want to be. bi or straight. we would not divorce over it.

no matter what tho. if u r in love with her and she with u, things will work out. just be open with her and let her know how u feel. let her know exactly how u feel and that u are interested in anything she wants to tell u about it. of course, if that is what u want. i know it helped me to know that when i told my hubby a few months ago.

good luck to the both of you.

Bella
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Welcome to the forum, rbm smile

I think that you have received some good advice here.
Honesty is the best policy ~ as she has shown, by confiding in you.
Remain honest with her, too, and things will turn out for the best ~ even if it means that the two of you won't remain a couple.

Good luck! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
R
rbm Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thank you for all your advice. It has been helpful

R
rbm Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thank you for all your advice. It has been helpful

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site