RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Q
Quazaa Offline OP
OP Offline
Q
My partner and i broke up 3 months ago and now i want him back bad..i have a post on the break up forum titled

but long story short. My partner says he does want to get back with me but after what i did to him his family and friends hate me and keep trying to convince him otherwise and even after he tells me he wants to get back to me he then turns it around and brings up the family side of things...

do you think that he should bite the bullet and get back with me and tell his family and friends to live with it and learn to get over it (that were not dating them)...or do you think its not worth the hastle of having bad blood with family for the rest of our lives?

i really think that the situation is between US and WE have to work it out regardless of the conflict of interest from other people

HELP

Soulmate
Soulmate
I have commented on your other post, but this one sheds light on what your partner refers to when he says "it won't work".

Yes, simply put, he should tell his family that your problems are private and between you both and do not concern anyone else. He should assure them that he loves them but that he wants them to let you both sort it out on your own.

They should respect this and him for having the guts to tell them and stand up like a man.

The problem is, however, he has to be willing to do this on his own. He has to make the decision that it is yours and his and your childs life and is worth fighting for.

You would not be the first couple with family and friends against you. Again, it is your lives not theirs. If the family and friends are worth having in your lives then they will come around eventually when they see you are happy. If they don't, that is their loss, not yours. You can't live your lives by other's standards or dictates otherwise it wouldn't be your life it would be their life.

The important thing is that he is mature enough to choose you and his child over family and friends. You cannot make the decision.

You can only assure him that if he chooses "You" that you will not fail to live up to his choice. "you" have the job of assuring him that if he makes a difficult choice "you" will be there for him and not make a fool of him in front of his family by leaving him again. I am not saying that is what you did, I am saying perhaps that is what you have to assure him of this time around. Men have egos and if he is going to go up against his family and friends, he probably needs assurance that you will be there for the long haul.

Cookie and Sweetie
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
I agree with Joandboys. His family and friends are probably worried that he'll get hurt all over again, and he's probably worried about the future...

I think, too, that maybe you should give it a little time & "let the dust settle" a bit, and then see if/where you two can pick up the pieces.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I, too, agree with Jo & Pudgie's Mom.

They may think that he has been through enough and be worried for him, as much as anything else.

Your child is their relative, too, though, so this may be something that could unite you all, in an attempt to make things work.

Good luck! smile

http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthread...4021#Post344021

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Q
Quazaa Offline OP
OP Offline
Q
thanks both of you for this info, but i agree totally with you both... he needs to stand up and tell his family what HE wants....i dont think the family are thinking what if i do it again they are thining what a [censored] and how could u forgive her ....

i gave him his space yesterday and both times i talked to him he was the first one to contact me ...i think, i hope that is a sign as it was soo hard for me not to message him....but he messaged me first....

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site